Flu Jab

Jo_the_boat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I just had my flu jab this morning. I've also got my lucky rabbits foot and I performed the anti flu dance last night in the back garden, so I think I've got it pretty well covered though I don't think my lucky rabbits foot did it's previous owner much good I must admit. Also my neighbours were a little hacked off about the dance, are you supposed to keep your clothes on while performing the anti flu dance? I don't know.

1) Where do you live - sounds like a place to be avoided. 2) The anti-flu dance doesn't work without clothes.

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Carnage! Snapsy is no wimp, but I got jabbed very hard in a very muscly bit which then sent a stream of blood down to my wrist - for the first time ever I have got a black injection bruise which for once wasn't my own doing!

Am hoping enough of the vaccine stayed in my arm to be useful for anti-flu purposes.

(Sorry if I've put you off your breakfast.)

Asked about - and duly booked in for - the pneumonia vaccine. Let's see how that one goes!

:)

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've been showing off my bruise! I've called it my 'outbreak of flu'!!!!!!!
;)

wookie101

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was givin my flu jab today during my 6 monthly diabetic checkup....

I usually react to it, but hopefully I won't end up losing my weekend.

Hammer1964

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Meat, meat substitutes and fish
Had mine at the surgery two weeks ago, it was like a cattle market - jam packed!

Reactions: Ixarix

Ajax

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I had my flu jab a few weeks ago ..and there were no side effects.

Declining the offer of inoculation is not an ✻option✻ for me.

David Innes

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had the flu in early 2012 (had my flu jab though in late 2011). Usually fairly healthy despite having multiple conditions - COPD, asthma, Type 2 Diabetes. Started feeling very rough on waking Saturday morning and self-diagnosed that I needed help after being unable to put my socks on (good diagnostic tool that!). Went to local GP centre. Nurse did my obs and immediately transfered me to A & E, then to MAU. Bit of a blur after that because apparently I experienced several respiritory arrests - ending up aspirating my stomach contents. Woke up in ICU some weeks later. I'd been in a coma on life support after multiple system failure (heart, lungs, kidneys). Had to retire from work early after I recovered, having spent a year off work. Miracle I didn't die to be honest. Became severely depressed subsequent to this occurence...

All better now though, alway have the flu jab and always encourage other to do so as well. If I come across someone that talks sh*t about how bad vaccines are I stay as far from them as possible.

Reactions: JohnEGreen