Flu Jab

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
For some reason after having my flu jab last Friday, I have not felt right since.
I'm hoping this is a short term thing. I just feel off!
My bloods are ok, still in ketosis, but just not my normal self, tiredness, sleeping more, no appetite at all. Bit of a cough. Maybe a side effect?
Docs say it is normal, but I'm not normal!

Not had this before! I've probably had one every year for at least a decade!

Has anyone else had this?

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
For some reason after having my flu jab last Friday, I have not felt right since.
My bloods are ok, still in ketosis, but just not my normal self, tiredness, sleeping more, no appetite at all. Bit of a cough. Maybe a side effect?

I've had it a couple of times but it only ever lasts 2 or 3 days. It felt almost like you were going to get a cold but it never developed.

Reactions: Lamont D

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just back from having my flu jab. Nurse confirmed that I’m eligible for the pneumonia one too but I’ve had to book a separate appt for next Friday. Not for any clinical reason, simply just that the queue for flu jabs this morning was out of the door and part way round the car park! :joyful:

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just back from having my flu jab. Nurse confirmed that I’m eligible for the pneumonia one too but I’ve had to book a separate appt for next Friday. Not for any clinical reason, simply just that the queue for flu jabs this morning was out of the door and part way round the car park! :joyful:
Oops. Forgot about that.

Jo_the_boat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Yes, felt slightly odd for the past couple of days. Had jab Tuesday and was ok for first 3 days, since then a little off. Tummy (although I could put that down to a fatty day yesterday?), musty-headed and slept particularly badly the night before last.

Reactions: Lamont D

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Yes, felt slightly odd for the past couple of days. Had jab Tuesday and was ok for first 3 days, since then a little off. Tummy (although I could put that down to a fatty day yesterday?), musty-headed and slept particularly badly the night before last.

It has now been ten days since my jab, still not fighting fit, my energy levels are not as usual and my cough is still there, my nose is running if I go out in the fresh air.
Sleep is disruptive, dreams don't help. So I know something is not right.
Just still not right but a little better.
It sounds as if I get a little bit of a sniffle, I am moaning, but because my health has been so good, I do feel off if I'm not either in normal blood glucose levels or I have a virus.
On a fast day, so will see if that helps.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I was so ill after one flu jab that I've not had one since.
Ended up being ill for 6 months, ultrsounds and chest xrays and took ultra strong antibiotics (strong enough ones for malaria) that finally kicked my health back to normal again. It took a full 6 months to get well and so many extra tests.
After that I spoke to senior partner at GP and he was actually against them. Said my chance was one in 40 years and why would I want to poison myself every year to avoid flu.

I take turmeric and black pepper now and not even had a sniffle since adding in a teaspoon of it everyday.

lowedb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This is all interesting discussion. I declined the jab last year and this, but my GP called me a 'bad man'. Now she isn't one just towing the party line because she was the one who told me about low carb. In fact she is so clued up on it I actually suspect she has first hand experience. I'd heard too many first hand experiences of peoples bad reaction, but given what she said about the Australian outbreak, I'm thinking I should give it a chance. I suspect a Monday would be best just in case I do have a poor reaction.....

Reactions: donnellysdogs

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Never had it never will.
I had flu once and I was almost drowning in my own sweat in bed.
Hallucinating thinking I was going to die!
It was around the time Tony Blair was telling us Saddam could attack us in forty five minutes and I'm lying there thinking he had!
I think the flu shot is a bit of a con to be honest.
They can't vaccinate you against something they haven't yet encountered.
They have no idea what this years strain will be so it isn't and can't be in the vaccine.
Pretty good for the shareholders though.

charliebarker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No. It doesn't. It contains an inactivated (i.e. killed) virus.

But it makes your arm hurt. Mine does after the one I had this morning.

Mine was a bit sore for the days - never had that before - but worth it, had flu once, was off work for a month !!!!

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
I'm not trying to scare anyone or to make you change your minds.
I'm explaining why I personally won't have the vaccine and never had.
Think about this .... you pickup a tin or packet in the supermarket and read the ingredients list to see what you're about to eat.
I'm not buying that one its got such and such a thing in it.
Yet millions of people have stuff injected into them without a clue what they're being injected with!
How many of you have read the ingredients list?
You can ask to see the insert.
To my shock and horror when I did it some years ago my doctor said he'd never thought of reading the insert.
Don't you check what's in your beans man says I
He laughed and we both went over it quickly together his face was a picture.
Have a shufty at this insert and even ask for one to take home when you visit the doc .... your local chemist will give you one too if you ask nicely.
Anyway this is why I don't and won't.
I wouldn't buy beans either if this stuff was written on the label ..... https://www.globalresearch.ca/flu-s...demonstrating-a-decrease-in-influenza/5427871

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I Think I’ll take the jab too this year my old mother is very ill with neuropathy and I am alone with my daughter and I just need not to get ill so I can be there for both of them this winter

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Think about this .... you pickup a tin or packet in the supermarket and read the ingredients list to see what you're about to eat.
Yet millions of people have stuff injected into them without a clue what they're being injected with!
To my shock and horror when I did it some years ago my doctor said he'd never thought of reading the insert.
Have a shufty at this insert and even ask for one to take home when you visit the doc .... your local chemist will give you one too if you ask nicely.
I wouldn't buy beans either if this stuff was written on the label ..... https://www.globalresearch.ca/flu-s...demonstrating-a-decrease-in-influenza/5427871
I’m not trying to talk you into getting a flu jab, but I thought I’d just post this link which has more up to date information about Thiomersal in vaccines used in the UK ie it’s not used in single dose flu vaccines currently.

http://vk.ovg.ox.ac.uk/vaccine-ingredients#thiomersal

Ixarix

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I'll be getting my flu shot at my family clinic. It would be awful to have to deal with both diabetes and the flu together. So I won't chance it this year. It is free here, I just have to book an appointment in November when the clinic will have their supply.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I just had my flu jab this morning. I've also got my lucky rabbits foot and I performed the anti flu dance last night in the back garden, so I think I've got it pretty well covered though I don't think my lucky rabbits foot did it's previous owner much good I must admit. Also my neighbours were a little hacked off about the dance, are you supposed to keep your clothes on while performing the anti flu dance? I don't know.

Last edited:

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
I just had my flu jab this morning. I've also got my lucky rabbits foot and I performed the anti flu dance last night in the back garden, so I think I've got it pretty well covered though I don't think my lucky rabbits foot did it's previous owner much good I must admit. Also my neighbours were a little hacked of about the dance, are you supposed to keep your clothes on while performing the anti flu dance? I don't know.
Looking at the scientific evidence the dance and the rabbits foot have about the same chance as the vaccine for protecting you against flu.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I'll take what edge I conceivably can get not having a functioning immune system.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.

Yep, found these insert details out AFTER my 6 months of hell being ill.