Flu jab

Graham1441

Dislikes
Stupid people.
Hi all,
I have seen that the normal flu jab wont work against this new flu, is there another jab and will we get it???. :?:

graham64

Dislikes
Ironing, cooking, shopping. Pessimists, people with sense of humour bypass. Speed cameras Traffic wardens, Nanny state and Hypocrites
Hi Graham,
There is a vaccine yes, according to the news they have stocks to cover half the population so you have a 50% chance of getting vaccinated if the flu reaches your area :roll: :roll: :roll:

Cheers Graham

kegstore

Dislikes
Unnecessary rudeness, and any PC
Well it could take around 6 months to develop an effective vaccine, and I can't see the government jumping through those particular hoops when they've already spent money in amassing over 30m anti-viral treatment courses? :|

Graham1441

Dislikes
Stupid people.
I wonder if i go to see doctor wearing a mask and sneezing, would that help.mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

C

catherinecherub

Graham dont try that one. They may grab you and take you to the nearest psychiatric hospital. :)

Catherine.

C

catherinecherub

I can vouch for the food in the one that I work in Graham, much better than the General Hospital provide and you'll have your own room and get up when you are ready, large T.V., help yourself to snacks throughout the day. As long as you retire by midnight you wont have any problems.
Sound appealing?

Catherine.

Graham1441

Dislikes
Stupid people.
Sounds great, can only think of two things.
One/ I deliver fruit and veg to homes and hospitals so I know what they get, all the stuf they can boil into a mush.
Two/ can i put my sky dish up outside.lol. Then when i get up at 3am I will have something to watch.
:evil:

C

catherinecherub

This is different Graham, small ward, food fresh every day, cooked on the ward and a good choice. How does, steak, mushrooms, tomatoes, chips or mash, followed by ice cream or fresh fruit salad sound. This is followed by fresh ground coffee or a choice of tea.
The only drawback is that it is the high dependancy ward. :lol:

viv1969

There is - as yet - not vaccine for the new strain of swine 'flu; however the current antiviral treatments available (Tamiflu etc) are effective.

chocoholic

Am I the only one who thinks it plain daft that we are stopping folks travelling to Mexico or the States and yet planeloads of folks fying IN from these places are not exatly being checked thoroughly? It said on the news last night that a doctor boarded one plane coming in from Mexico and just asked people if they felt unwell at all? Great screening!!! Why are we so slow in this country to act 'at the beginning' of these things. If I was in charge, I'd quarantine those arriving back from Mexico, even if it had to be in aircraft hangars or similar. Any right-minded person would not mind this if it saves a possible deathly pandemic. I wouldn't mind.
No doubt, if this does start to spread like wild-fire, the appropriate agencies will then try quarantining those affected but by then it will be too late to contain it. We just never learn in this country and a layman can see what needs to be done but those in power can't. Excuse me while I go into a corner and tear my hair out!!! :evil:

graham64

Dislikes
Ironing, cooking, shopping. Pessimists, people with sense of humour bypass. Speed cameras Traffic wardens, Nanny state and Hypocrites
viv1969 said:
There is - as yet - not vaccine for the new strain of swine 'flu; however the current antiviral treatments available (Tamiflu etc) are effective.

Thanks for that Viv I stand corrected.

Regards Graham

viv1969

I totally agree with you Choc. Sadly it's in this way, via the airline networks, that a population levelling pandemic will eventually emerge, and I really believe one day it will, though I don't think this is 'it'.

caitycakes1

I must admit I'm a bit worried about this latest flu. Not least of all because as diabetics our immune systems are already compromised, so imagine what this swine flu is going to do! Makes you want to choose death by chocolate rather than flu :lol:

Caitycakes x

Fuggsy

Dislikes
Being preached at about low carbing
Can anyone catch this flu or does it just affect the Pig Ignorant?