Flu Jabs

What’s your opion on the seasonal flu jabs?

• Better with

Votes: 20 74.1%
  • Better without

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • No difference

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 308541

Remember though, having the jab does not necessarily mean you won't catch flu......you still can!
I have a COPD, and I have had the fluvax each year for around twenty five years. I have never once got the flu and / or flu like symptoms.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
I haven't had a flu shot since I was a kid, knock on wood here lol, but I don't ever plan on getting one. Up until last year I was around people that were sick constantly and I don't remember the last time I got the flu except in my 20's before I stopped dairy and would get some nasty respiratory bugs, so one of those could have been the flu.

I watched my Mom get the flu shot every year and end up with the flu that attacked her heart, my sister gets a flu shot every year and almost every year gets the flu or another respiratory bug that lasts months. I don't believe I will change my mind about it any time soon!

Reactions: LizzieNI

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've had gastroenteritis a couple of times and have ended up in the hospital because of it, although I was doing fairly well at managing my diabetes I just ended up always being too sick to manage at home with the dehydration etc. Compared to flu I'd say that is a pretty mild virus as I've seen family members with flu so I'd rather not take the risk of going without the jab!

Reactions: LizzieNI

ktkrshw

Hi,
I’ve been type 1 for 9 and a half years and have had the flu jab every year since.
What do people think about the flu jabs, are you better with it or without it or do you not have any difference with or without it?
Just dont know whether to have it this year or not.
Any help would be appreciated ☺️

I usually have the flu jab every year and end up with the cold pretty bad for almost a month. I wasn't going to get it this month because I'm sure i'd be better off without it, but my nurse had it ready when I went for a blood test so I did. I haven't been poorly at all this time or suffered any side effects. They change the ingredients every year to keep up with the different flu viruses