Fluctuating symptoms

Fluffy12

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
She is 15 so minor and she has not been diagnosed with diabetes so it is wrong to say that she has got it. I don't think her parents would be very pleased with unqualified people telling her she has diabetes when she has been told by doctors that she has not got it
I think I am diabetic though as today I passed out at school and then was sent home. Went to the gp and she tested my sugars and they were 27.4 which she said was extremely high then she told me to stay for 3 hours and then she tested them again and they were 9.3. she told me that because my sugars went down it is nothing to worry about for now.
The weird thing is that the meter broke down 3 times before it displayed 27.4!!!
Should i be worried as i cant get it out of my head!!
Thanks❤❤

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think I am diabetic though as today I passed out at school and then was sent home. Went to the gp and she tested my sugars and they were 27.4 which she said was extremely high then she told me to stay for 3 hours and then she tested them again and they were 9.3. she told me that because my sugars went down it is nothing to worry about for now.
The weird thing is that the meter broke down 3 times before it displayed 27.4!!!
Should i be worried as i cant get it out of my head!!
Thanks❤❤
Did your mother go to the doctors with you ? As you are only 15 it is really not appropriate for us to comment on what your levels mean your mother must be the one to see your doctor to find out what is wrong

Fluffy12

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Did your mother go to the doctors with you ? As you are only 15 it is really not appropriate for us to comment on what your levels mean your mother must be the one to see your doctor to find out what is wrong
My mum went with me but she is very busy and I just wanted to know if it is anything I should worry about

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Can I ask what you ate and drank today before ending up at GP?

Did the GP wash your hands before testing?

We cannot give you a diagnosis.. I'm so sorry that as a minor we cant actually give you too much advice about wher you should worry...

I would however, try pointing out to your mum that you are worried. If it was at all possible just show her this post.

We are concerned, webare worried for you and want you to be well and without worry or concern.. but legally we are limited as to the actual advice we give you.

I would say though, I am a T1... and if you were my daughter I would be asking the GP for "guarantees" that you werent diabetic and be asking for a referral to an endochronologist dept for a professional opinion.

Reactions: EllieM

Fluffy12

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
I understand and thank you soo much for responding. I had eaten nothing and drank water as i felt sick and lost my appetite. The gp made me wash my hands twice to rule out having anything on my fingers. I will definitely tell my mum especially if things get worse.
Thank you soo much

Reactions: donnellysdogs

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
@Fluffy12, I only wish you well..and wish that you didnt have to struggle with all of this as I guess you will be approaching exam times etc within the next 18 months..and worrying around this and not feeling good is harder on you than I wish for any child to go through..

I feel frustrated for you..but weare here for you..xx

Fluffy12

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
@Fluffy12, I only wish you well..and wish that you didnt have to struggle with all of this as I guess you will be approaching exam times etc within the next 18 months..and worrying around this and not feeling good is harder on you than I wish for any child to go through..

I feel frustrated for you..but weare here for you..xx
Thank you soo much for your kindness and understanding. I am doing my gcses this year in May and yeah it's a bit scary. I am very grateful for this forum and everyone that has supported me. Thank you all soooo much!!!❤❤

jadeashton24

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Fluffy12
two weeks before I was diagnosed with diabetes, I was advised to self test with a blood glucose meter.
I would also have episodes where my blood sugar would reach 27/28mmol, but after 3 or so hours would come back to 10, so it wasn’t taken seriously by the Doctors.
I asked my gp for a random glucose test (blood sample) and I was told to eat a high carb meal about 30 mins before, as this would show the spike if it was significantly high.
[by this point I had used all my testing strips for my glucose machine, and hadn’t yet got anymore]
6 hours after the blood test I had about 4 phone calls from an unknown number, but did not answer, as I never use to answer unknown callers. (Later learnt that this was the hospital lab with my results).
Next morning I woke up feeling worse than ever, and collapsed in the street and ended up in hospital,
was told I was in DKA as my diabetes had not been managed. My GP later called me to say that the lab had tried to call me the previous night (was the unknown caller) to tell me my blood glucose was 49mmol and that I needed to go to hospital ASAP. If maybe I’d answered that phone call I might have got to a&e before collapsing and ending up in intensive care, maybe not, who knows.

Anyway, I went a bit off topic, but just wanted to tell you that there is always light at the end of the tunnel (and maybe ask for a random glucose blood test - an actual blood test from Your arm and I would recommend eating a large amount of carbs beforehand, to ensure that if there is a problem with your blood sugars, it will show clearly )

Fluffy12

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
@Fluffy12
two weeks before I was diagnosed with diabetes, I was advised to self test with a blood glucose meter.
I would also have episodes where my blood sugar would reach 27/28mmol, but after 3 or so hours would come back to 10, so it wasn’t taken seriously by the Doctors.
I asked my gp for a random glucose test (blood sample) and I was told to eat a high carb meal about 30 mins before, as this would show the spike if it was significantly high.
[by this point I had used all my testing strips for my glucose machine, and hadn’t yet got anymore]
6 hours after the blood test I had about 4 phone calls from an unknown number, but did not answer, as I never use to answer unknown callers. (Later learnt that this was the hospital lab with my results).
Next morning I woke up feeling worse than ever, and collapsed in the street and ended up in hospital,
was told I was in DKA as my diabetes had not been managed. My GP later called me to say that the lab had tried to call me the previous night (was the unknown caller) to tell me my blood glucose was 49mmol and that I needed to go to hospital ASAP. If maybe I’d answered that phone call I might have got to a&e before collapsing and ending up in intensive care, maybe not, who knows.

Anyway, I went a bit off topic, but just wanted to tell you that there is always light at the end of the tunnel (and maybe ask for a random glucose blood test - an actual blood test from Your arm and I would recommend eating a large amount of carbs beforehand, to ensure that if there is a problem with your blood sugars, it will show clearly )
Thank you soo much and I hope you are doing better now❤❤. Will ask for a random good glucose test from my arm and I hopefully I will get an answer!!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Thank you soo much and I hope you are doing better now. Will ask for a random good glucose test from my arm and I hopefully I will get an answer!!

Good advice there.. please get your mum on board with this.

Reactions: Keesha

jadeashton24

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have gone to a new gp and she seems to agree with the doctor with the fact that my HBA1c is normal!!(HBA1C of 50)
The last few days have been alright and I have not been feeling as thirsty as usual but I am always getting headaches and constantly feeling hungry. To add to that...if I do drink I seem to get thirstier than before but not as bad as last week.
Just been so wondering if I should still worry about it as some days the symptoms are terrible and I feel very fatigued but other days I feel ok but still slightly off

Thank you

How are you today lovely x

Fluffy12

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
How are you today lovely x
I had the blood test done and my hba1c was 42 so it go lower but my fasting glucose was 7.9 which is slightly high. The doctor is very confused and doesn't know if this could be the start of me developing type 1 and so booked me an appointment for August for a follow up. Today is an okay day and the symptoms are not as strong anymore but are still there. Still fighting to get a meter though!!!! Thank you sooo much for you help and advice❤❤❤