Fluctuations on a normal day.

niyathireme

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi,
Having fluctuations on a typical day.
On Saturday, I had exercise and had wheat and proteins for dinner, had some snacks before sleeping and Sunday morning fasting glucose was 7.5mmol. I couldn't understand what went wrong.And by lunch I was able to level it up. On sunday, as usual I did my exercise, had wheat and some proteins at night and after 2 hrs count was 9.1 . So I didn't eat anything before going to bed yesterday night and today woke up at 3.5 mmol at 6am.
I am confused from head to toe. Do you know what I can do bout this?
On hypo, do you know how many teaspoons of glucose instant energy powder is idle? I drink fine glucose powder when I run low.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi,
Having fluctuations on a typical day.
On Saturday, I had exercise and had wheat and proteins for dinner, had some snacks before sleeping and Sunday morning fasting glucose was 7.5mmol. I couldn't understand what went wrong.And by lunch I was able to level it up. On sunday, as usual I did my exercise, had wheat and some proteins at night and after 2 hrs count was 9.1 . So I didn't eat anything before going to bed yesterday night and today woke up at 3.5 mmol at 6am.
I am confused from head to toe. Do you know what I can do bout this?
On hypo, do you know how many teaspoons of glucose instant energy powder is idle? I drink fine glucose powder when I run low.

Hello Niya - your levels sounds pretty good to me, I can go from 4 to 18 most days. In regards to BG, it depends on when you test, so are you testing 2 hours after eating ? Quick acting can still be active up to 4 hours after injecting. With type 1 you can do the same activity and eat the same food every day with different results, our blood glucose is affected by many variables - heat/stress/hormones/activity, time of day, time of year, if you get my drift. Ideally good management should work on setting targets for your range, so waking 5-8 mmol/l, before meals 5-7 mmol/l etc these give you an idea of what to work against, the are not a gauge for how well you are doing though so don't judge yourself against them though.

In regards to glucose powder I have never used this, I have either hypogel and take 1 tube when low or 3 jelly babies, followed by 10g of carb to sustain levels.

richyb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Cold weather
For hypo treatment I take one orange fruit juice drink ( the small drinks in cartons, quite cheap as well) these are just the right amount (19gram of carbs) and good for you as well. I also take a small amount of slower acting carbs a few mins later depending when my next meal time was.
However if I was very low I take gluco tabs about 4 tablets normally this works faster.
This though is what I do, for myself that suits me.