Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Hi, I have just found this information, " Foods For A Good Nights sleep"
1. Half a banana / a handful of Almonds or cherries
2. Wholegrain crackers with peanut butter.
3. Small mug of warm milk.
4. Half a turkey sandwich / with low sugar cranberry sauce
Interesting going to try these as I would give anything for a good nights sleep.:)

Reactions: 4 people

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I would test these before trying them in the evening ,some seem to be quite high carb
CAROL

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I'd go for the warm milk if it had a tot of whiskey in it.;)

But as carty says you would need to test.

Reactions: 4 people

nok1888

Im on antipsychohics so they knock me out ha ha! lol

Na anythins worth a try mate. If you dont mind meds ask for amytriptiline (sp?) They help relax you a wee bit, a lot of people take them and theyre not addictive

Reactions: 2 people

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Th almonds would be fine, I have a supper of about 12g of carbs - sometimes a sandwich of 1 slice of burgen stuffed with salad - lettuce is supposed to be sophomoric - can't say it helps me sleep because home circumstances mean a four hour sleep is a good night for me - I eat supper because I am hungry - I get up at 5 am and don't get to bed until at least midnight - sometimes don't get to bed at all - I eat my tea at 5 so definitely couldn't get through my night without some supper at 9ish!

Reactions: 7 people

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Any reader of Peter Rabbit knows about lettuce from Mr Macgregors garden !!!
CAROL

scouse13

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, I have just found this information, " Foods For A Good Nights sleep"
1. Half a banana / a handful of Almonds or cherries
2. Wholegrain crackers with peanut butter.
3. Small mug of warm milk.
4. Half a turkey sandwich / with low sugar cranberry sauce
Interesting going to try these as I would give anything for a good nights sleep.:)
Is that the full list every night? :Do_O

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
As 200ml of milk has about 10 carbs I still would go for that with or without a tot of whiskey which of course has zero carbs.

Reactions: 3 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, the almonds, peanut butter and turkey show promise. Pity about the other stuff. But YMMV.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Well to be honest I've just had the tot of whiskey and ditched the milk.

Reactions: 14 people

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Any food recommendations that are outside my carb-comfort zone I would have to test first. However, there are many things you can do to help you sleep which do not involve food, such as being active in the morning (preferably outside, in the daylight), stopping caffeinated beverages by mid-day, and switching off devices 2 hours before going to bed. Google sleep hygiene for more info, but here's one I found earlier:
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/how-...st-night-of-sleep-in-your-life/#axzz43X3lvHdU

I hope your sleep quality improves, as it has a major influence on overall health. Good luck!

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Any food recommendations that are outside my carb-comfort zone I would have to test first. However, there are many things you can do to help you sleep which do not involve food, such as being active in the morning (preferably outside, in the daylight), stopping caffeinated beverages by mid-day, and switching off devices 2 hours before going to bed. Google sleep hygiene for more info, but here's one I found earlier:
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/how-...st-night-of-sleep-in-your-life/#axzz43X3lvHdU

I hope your sleep quality improves, as it has a major influence on overall health. Good luck!
Hello Thankyou for your advice, much appreciated.:happy:

Reactions: 2 people

jane12

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Could someone explain to me why you all need/want to eat/drink before going to bed please?

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Could someone explain to me why you all need/want to eat/drink before going to bed please?
I have my main meal at about 5pm have a cup of tea at 7.30pm I don't eat in the evening so that's it until breakfast the next day

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Think my post above explains why I eat a supper - a bit more info - I have an adult son with special needs -we eat at 5pm but my nights can be far busier than my days - if he doesn't sleep then I have to be up to keep him safe - I get hungry and also my bs is often in the low 4s before I finally fall into bed - if I don't have a snack about 9 o'clock the little bit of sleep I do get I can be disturbed by me having a small hypo which is completely avoided if I have my earlier snack