Foot Ulcers.

Billybob

I have developed ulcers on my large and second toes of my left foot.
They occured as a result of hiking innnew boots, should have taken better care.
I have been usinf a Venowave external pump on my calf and this has helped with the healing process. The ulcers should both be completely healed in another week of 3 times a day treatment for 1 hr at a time.
The machine is very small and attaches with velcro straps and uses 1 aa battery for 8 hours of operation. It is a very inexpensive and effective machine. Built here in Canada.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
T1 husband currently has infected ulcer under left foot, which has tracked to new openings on top of foot, which are showing gunk inside the wounds. Attending podiatry clinics every 3 days for debriding and re-dressing. Taking 3 kinds of antibiotics, so as not to need admission to hospital for IV antibiotics. All very upsetting a he has a bladder infection at the same time, which they failed to detect at first.
Hana

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
hanadr said:
T1 husband currently has infected ulcer under left foot, which has tracked to new openings on top of foot, which are showing gunk inside the wounds. Attending podiatry clinics every 3 days for debriding and re-dressing. Taking 3 kinds of antibiotics, so as not to need admission to hospital for IV antibiotics. All very upsetting a he has a bladder infection at the same time, which they failed to detect at first.
Hana
Hi Hana.
Just to let you know you're being supported by a post as things must be worrying
for you with your husband suffering with two infections to battle with... :eek:
My thoughts are with you and your husband, it cant be easy for you both at the moment.
Please do let us know if things improve soon.
Much love and thoughts for you both.
Anna.