Forum App

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I, like many I am sure, use the forum App. I like the way it is set out and is easy to dip in and out of. However, following my frustration at not being able to see details that everyone else was saying I should see. Press this, press that, err no I couldn’t! And no I am not an idiot, which I was beginning to feel. I this morning logged on to the website. And lo and behold you can see all the info everyone was banging on about. And I was able to put more info onto my profile.
Obviously that is why people using the forum have limited information on show, because you cannot put it in. I have even managed to put in an avatar. Whoop!

Reactions: Robinredbreast

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
this morning logged on to the website. And lo and behold you can see all the info everyone was banging on about. And I was able to put more info onto my profile.
I have found exactly the same. I don't like the app at all so have deleted it from my tablet and phone and log onto the website instead.

Reactions: kitedoc

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I use the App on weekends only and that is just to keep up to date with whats happening....ie being nosey :hilarious::hilarious::angelic::angelic:

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I, like many I am sure, use the forum App. I like the way it is set out and is easy to dip in and out of. However, following my frustration at not being able to see details that everyone else was saying I should see. Press this, press that, err no I couldn’t! And no I am not an idiot, which I was beginning to feel. I this morning logged on to the website. And lo and behold you can see all the info everyone was banging on about. And I was able to put more info onto my profile.
Obviously that is why people using the forum have limited information on show, because you cannot put it in. I have even managed to put in an avatar. Whoop!
The lack of full info got me to jabber on about low carb to a T1 repeatedly... Thought they were T2. Whenever I'm in doubt on the app now, I head for the computer. No idea why it's unavailable in the app though, should be just a matter of additional coding...? But good on ya for getting it sorted!

Reactions: becca59

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

The App is a customised generic offering, but it's format isn't all DCUK's to amend. There are limitations to what can be done in any App, because of its compact nature, and keeping it usable on a smartphone screen and so on.

Personally, I don't care for the App experience, and therefore choose to access the forum via my browser, whether I am using my laptop, iPad or iPhone. It simply works better for me.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The lack of full info got me to jabber on about low carb to a T1 repeatedly... Thought they were T2. Whenever I'm in doubt on the app now, I head for the computer. No idea why it's unavailable in the app though, should be just a matter of additional coding...? But good on ya for getting it sorted!

Jo, you could try using your tablet or phone's browser option. That just gives a mini version of the forum, although things like account settings can be fiddly, but they are there, including avatar selections and signatures

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Jo, you could try using your tablet or phone's browser option. That just gives a mini version of the forum, although things like account settings can be fiddly, but they are there, including avatar selections and signatures
Don't have a tablet anymore, but sheesh, my phone's browser... I never would've thought of this! Thank you!

D

Deleted member 308541

Personally, I don't care for the App experience, and therefore choose to access the forum via my browser, whether I am using my laptop, iPad or iPhone. It simply works better for me.
I used the android forum app for a few days, it was not a good experience so was uninstalled.

I prefer to use the Chrome browser on my phone, tablet and computers as I am locked solid into the Google eco system.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I also use the browser to connect to the main website. It is easy. I have the website book marked on my computer, tablet, and phone. All it takes is one click on the shortcut and I'm there. No hassle, and I see everything there is to see. As I very rarely log off on my computer I don't even have to sign in every time. (I do log off on my tablet and phone)

Reactions: jjraak and kitedoc

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have never accessed the forum via a pc, my pc is a dinosaur so I rarely use it! All my Forum browsing is done via the browsers on my iPad or iPhone. I do have the app on both devices but never got on with it :banghead:

Reactions: jjraak and kitedoc
D

Deleted Account

I had never thought about using the app. Accessing the site via the browser on my phone, laptop or tablet is so easy I have never felt the need for an app.
However, it does explain how many people miss out on so much of the site. Not just profile (and avatar) management but all of the amazing diabetes information library which is what bought me here in the first place. It would explain why so many people ask simple questions like “what should my BG target be?”.
I have often wondered whether daisy1’s intro email should refernce that library: it feels like it is wasted today.