Forum Bug Reports

K

Kat100

Hi @Giverny

Can you please confirm if pm's have been secure before and after this process ...
Thank you Kat
Any feedback or answer yet @Giverny
I check most days ... Thank you ,. But I don't want to wait forever .. Noooo because it will be Christmas in 15 weeks ..

It just would be nice to have an honest open answer :)
You see I value my private messages , lots of support goes on behind the scences to ..
And any breeches would be very concerning .. Best wishes Kat .. Also @Administrator

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I started a thread in General Chat and it never appeared in Recent Posts. Is it supposed to?

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I started a thread in General Chat and it never appeared in Recent Posts. Is it supposed to?
The same happened to me I flagged it up with the mods and they are aware although that was a week ago so they must still be working on it - even if someone comments on your post it doesn't appear in recent posts so posts just drop off

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Any news on posts that do not appear on recent threads, I asked over a week ago and Azure kindly got back to me, but still nothing from @admin @Giverny. Could we have a some communication please, it would be most helpful, thank you ?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Any news on posts that do not appear on recent threads, I asked over a week ago and Azure kindly got back to me, but still nothing from @admin @Giverny. Could we have a some communication please, it would be most helpful, thank you ?

This thread doesn't appear on recent threads either :rolleyes::oops:

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Havibg problems as using mobile as with out my tablet. Cant see new posts, see my profile, no alerts/ no private message symbol or the like button under posts

S

Sable_Jan

Still no likes on the App and still getting "you must wait x no of seconds before performing this action" which is an especial pain when using the thumbs up reply workaround

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Kat100

Any feedback or answer yet @Giverny
I check most days ... Thank you ,. But I don't want to wait forever .. Noooo because it will be Christmas in 15 weeks ..

It just would be nice to have an honest open answer :)
You see I value my private messages , lots of support goes on behind the scences to ..
And any breeches would be very concerning .. Best wishes Kat .. Also @Administrator
Bumping own post and adding @Administrator and @Giverny its taking along time for answers ..

Also , the iPad when using this forum just says error when trying to upload photo ..
The FB ones will work .. makes no sense to me ..
hope to hear from you soon ..
Especially in response to concerns ..
Thanks again .. Kat ..

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
@Giverny Hi can you tell me why I have to keep on signing in? The forum has me doing this several times a day. It usually occurs when I change from one page to the other.

Any more on the missing PM link?

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
the forum never remembers my password but at least I don't have to type the sign in name over and over
It is the other way around with me... I have to type my name but only have to click the password box. Strange innit? :)

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
@Giverny the notification on Android app is playing silly buggers works OK at times and then get delayed notifications on reply's to posts and pm's as much as 24hrs at times

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
a lot of food im supposed to eat yuk
hi there iv'e just tried to do a private message but i'm unable to get it i drop down the envelope icon but
there is no option to send also tried to send through the avatar but just get an error
@Administrator, @Giverny @CaptainEarle.

K

Kat100

I can no longer post photos from iPad just says error .. more than three months now ..
never used to have the problem

FB ones will post though ...

Asking again @Administrator ...
question ....can you please confirm that PM!s are not read by other people , only those who post or engage in a PM conversation ..
Thank you .. need some trust on the last question .. best wishes Kat

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
@Administrator, @Giverny @CaptainEarle I still have this problem. No ability to send PM's :( despite receiving a message today saying I would now be able to!
Do you get an error? I checked and your account permissions all state that you definitely can send a private message.

I can no longer post photos from iPad just says error .. more than three months now ..
never used to have the problem

FB ones will post though ...

Asking again @Administrator ...
question ....can you please confirm that PM!s are not read by other people , only those who post or engage in a PM conversation ..
Thank you .. need some trust on the last question .. best wishes Kat
From the app or desktop? I've said a few times in the past that the app is now too buggy to be worth using, and that you should use the forum from a mobile browser instead. The developers who create the app have been useless in helping us resolve the issues and we don't have any in-house app developers, so these issues are often left unresolved for a long time. Trust me, it's as frustrating for me as it is for you.

As for your query on private messages, these are only visible between recipients.

K

Kat100

Do you get an error? I checked and your account permissions all state that you definitely can send a private message.

From the app or desktop? I've said a few times in the past that the app is now too buggy to be worth using, and that you should use the forum from a mobile browser instead. The developers who create the app have been useless in helping us resolve the issues and we don't have any in-house app developers, so these issues are often left unresolved for a long time. Trust me, it's as frustrating for me as it is for you.

As for your query on private messages, these are only visible between recipients.
Thank you .. I just type DCUK in the browser .. on iPad .. no longer able to post photos from my own library. But the FB photos I copy there I can post :rolleyes:
Yes frustrating, it's a nightmare lol not blaming you though .. :cat:

Thank you for your answer on PM,s ... that's interesting :)

Ps ...ban the useless developers lol x

Cheers @Giverny

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Thank you Giverny, I can now send PM's Bless you! :)

S

Sable_Jan

I didn't know the website was "mobile friendly".... I've just follows your advice and it seems OK......but I'd still prefer to be able to use the App.
When I logged in on mobile browser the fist thing I saw was a message saying download the App

Reactions: chris lowe

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
Thank you .. I just type DCUK in the browser .. on iPad .. no longer able to post photos from my own library. But the FB photos I copy there I can post :rolleyes:
Yes frustrating, it's a nightmare lol not blaming you though .. :cat:

Thank you for your answer on PM,s ... that's interesting :)

Ps ...ban the useless developers lol x

Cheers @Giverny
If you tap 'Upload a File' next to 'Post Reply' you should be able to upload images off your phone :)

Hopefully we'll be able to move away from that iteration of the app within the next few months, as our forum software is due a major update.

One sidenote I must add on private messages is that they are stored in a secure database which is viewable only in emergency situations (i.e. police request)

I didn't know the website was "mobile friendly".... I've just follows your advice and it seems OK......but I'd still prefer to be able to use the App.
When I logged in on mobile browser the fist thing I saw was a message saying download the App
Absolutely - the forum has been mobile friendly since December 2013 :) We're working towards an alternative app to access the forum, but please understand that these things do take time to perfect. In the mean time, we are actively trying to reach a solution with the developers of our current app.

Reactions: Sable_Jan