1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Forum Bug Reports

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Giverny, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Kat100

Kat100 · Guest

Any feedback or answer yet @Giverny
    I check most days ... Thank you ,. But I don't want to wait forever .. Noooo because it will be Christmas in 15 weeks ..

It just would be nice to have an honest open answer :)
    You see I value my private messages , lots of support goes on behind the scences to ..
    And any breeches would be very concerning .. Best wishes Kat .. Also @Administrator

2. Squire Fulwood

Squire Fulwood Type 2 · Expert

I started a thread in General Chat and it never appeared in Recent Posts. Is it supposed to?

3. lovinglife

lovinglife Type 2 · Well-Known Member

The same happened to me I flagged it up with the mods and they are aware although that was a week ago so they must still be working on it - even if someone comments on your post it doesn't appear in recent posts so posts just drop off

4. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

Yes, it should.

5. Robinredbreast

Any news on posts that do not appear on recent threads, I asked over a week ago and Azure kindly got back to me, but still nothing from @admin @Giverny. Could we have a some communication please, it would be most helpful, thank you ?

6. Robinredbreast

This thread doesn't appear on recent threads either :rolleyes::oops:

7. ally1

ally1 Type 2 · Expert

Havibg problems as using mobile as with out my tablet. Cant see new posts, see my profile, no alerts/ no private message symbol or the like button under posts

8. Sable_Jan

Sable_Jan · Guest

Still no likes on the App and still getting "you must wait x no of seconds before performing this action" which is an especial pain when using the thumbs up reply workaround

#128 Sable_Jan, Sep 27, 2016 at 5:13 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2016
  9. Kat100

Kat100 · Guest

Bumping own post and adding @Administrator and @Giverny its taking along time for answers ..

Also , the iPad when using this forum just says error when trying to upload photo ..
    The FB ones will work .. makes no sense to me ..
    hope to hear from you soon ..
    Especially in response to concerns ..
    Thanks again .. Kat ..

10. ellagy

ellagy Type 2 · Well-Known Member

@Giverny Hi can you tell me why I have to keep on signing in? The forum has me doing this several times a day. It usually occurs when I change from one page to the other.

Any more on the missing PM link?

11. ellagy

It is the other way around with me... I have to type my name but only have to click the password box. Strange innit? :)

12. eldergarth

eldergarth Type 2 · Well-Known Member

@Giverny the notification on Android app is playing silly buggers works OK at times and then get delayed notifications on reply's to posts and pm's as much as 24hrs at times

13. bigjim19

bigjim19 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

hi there iv'e just tried to do a private message but i'm unable to get it i drop down the envelope icon but
    there is no option to send also tried to send through the avatar but just get an error
    @Administrator, @Giverny @CaptainEarle.

14. ellagy

15. Kat100

Kat100 · Guest

I can no longer post photos from iPad just says error .. more than three months now ..
    never used to have the problem

FB ones will post though ...

Asking again @Administrator ...
    question ....can you please confirm that PM!s are not read by other people , only those who post or engage in a PM conversation ..
    Thank you .. need some trust on the last question .. best wishes Kat

16. Giverny

Giverny Friend · Admin
    Administrator

Do you get an error? I checked and your account permissions all state that you definitely can send a private message.

From the app or desktop? I've said a few times in the past that the app is now too buggy to be worth using, and that you should use the forum from a mobile browser instead. The developers who create the app have been useless in helping us resolve the issues and we don't have any in-house app developers, so these issues are often left unresolved for a long time. Trust me, it's as frustrating for me as it is for you.

As for your query on private messages, these are only visible between recipients.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Kat100

Kat100 · Guest

Thank you .. I just type DCUK in the browser .. on iPad .. no longer able to post photos from my own library. But the FB photos I copy there I can post :rolleyes:
    Yes frustrating, it's a nightmare lol not blaming you though .. :cat:

Thank you for your answer on PM,s ... that's interesting :)

Ps ...ban the useless developers lol x

Cheers @Giverny

18. ellagy

Thank you Giverny, I can now send PM's Bless you! :)

• Winner Winner x 2
  19. Sable_Jan

Sable_Jan · Guest

I didn't know the website was "mobile friendly".... I've just follows your advice and it seems OK......but I'd still prefer to be able to use the App.
    When I logged in on mobile browser the fist thing I saw was a message saying download the App

• Like Like x 1
  20. Giverny

Giverny Friend · Admin
    Administrator

If you tap 'Upload a File' next to 'Post Reply' you should be able to upload images off your phone :)

Hopefully we'll be able to move away from that iteration of the app within the next few months, as our forum software is due a major update.

One sidenote I must add on private messages is that they are stored in a secure database which is viewable only in emergency situations (i.e. police request)

Absolutely - the forum has been mobile friendly since December 2013 :) We're working towards an alternative app to access the forum, but please understand that these things do take time to perfect. In the mean time, we are actively trying to reach a solution with the developers of our current app.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook