Forum nominations 2023

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So good to see some nominations coming in. Just encouraging all to nominate and for those nominated please consider accepting.
Yes, please keep nominating, and replying if you are nominated.
Remember you can self nominate, even do so anonymously by PM to a mod / mods.

• Agree
Reactions: jjraak and Antje77

Lobsang Tsultim

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Unfortunately, I don't think I have the time - we are about to start building a new monastery here in Tuscany (the start date is June), so there's a lot of paperwork and meetings to do with that. On top, it seems some fundraising trips are planned around Europe, America and SE Asia. In between, I might even be able to fit in some study and meditation :)

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Unfortunately, I don't think I have the time - we are about to start building a new monastery here in Tuscany (the start date is June), so there's a lot of paperwork and meetings to do with that. On top, it seems some fundraising trips are planned around Europe, America and SE Asia. In between, I might even be able to fit in some study and meditation :)
Sounds like you have exciting times ahead of you @Lobsang Tsultim !

I think you'd make a very good moderator so who knows, maybe next year. ;)

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
We received another anonymous nomination, this time for myself.
While I'm very happy to see people would like me to stay a bit longer, I'll have to stand back.

I've done two full stints as a mod, which means a mandatory time off to prevent the mod team from becoming too static.
And to be honest, I can use the break too, happy to make room for some new blood in the team!

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We received another anonymous nomination, this time for myself.
While I'm very happy to see people would like me to stay a bit longer, I'll have to stand back.

I've done two full stints as a mod, which means a mandatory time off to prevent the mod team from becoming too static.
And to be honest, I can use the break too, happy to make room for some new blood in the team!

Fresh blood is incredibly important in my view, even when the incumbents are doing a good job.

None of us like to hear "people" say,.... "but we've always done it this way....." Change and fresh ideas are important for growth.

Thank you and everyone else who has stood forward to take a turn.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Another PM with anonymous nominations came in!

@PenguinMum and @TriciaWs , I'm happy to let you know you've been nominated. :joyful:

Please let us know what you think. :)
Hi and thank you whoever nominated me but I have seriously poor IT skills which would be no good and cause me a lot of stress, but thank you for the thought.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi and thank you whoever nominated me but I have seriously poor IT skills which would be no good and cause me a lot of stress, but thank you for the thought.
With over 6,000 messages on the forum you seem to be doing pretty well navigating around here!
As a mod, there are a couple more buttons you can use on the forum, and there is a part where you can see reports and threads only visible to mods. But over all, it's not much different from navigating the forum as a member.

It doesn't take much IT skills to hit the spam clean button when you see someone trying to sell CBD-keto gummmies or pills guaranteed to get rid of diabetes in 3 weeks, no side effects. ;)

And it's teamwork, there's always a team member more versed in the IT stuff if needed, no-one is expected to solve an issue on their own.
I thought the same when I was first nominated but it turned out to not be a problem at all. :)

What we need is people with a good head and compassion, which does sound like you!

Still, it shouldn't cause you (much) stress, so I'm moving your nomination to 'declined'. But I'm very willing to move it again to 'accepted' if you change your mind, maybe you'd like to think about it some more. ;)

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'd like to thank everyone on this forum for all the help they have given myself and others. I am happy with the moderators at present and would like to nominate them again and also lovinglife. Thanks
Thank you!

The moderators eligible for re-election are already standing for election, as does @lovinglife , so make sure to vote for your preferred mod once voting has opened. :)
I’d like to nominate @JoKalsbeek She is kind, compassionat, level headed and knowledgable. I’m not sure if now is the right time for her but I think she’d be great at it.
Happy to add @JoKalsbeek to the list of nominated members! :)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Don’t be shy, folks.
If you are regularly reading and posting on forum, you could be just right to do some modding.
We do have some fun times as well as keeping out spammers and scammers.
If anyone is unsure about what the role entails, ask. Here, or in a PM to a mod.
We would love to welcome some newcomers to the team. :)