Forxiga - anyone else on it?

Pandanose

I've just been prescribed Forxiga. First in the unit. Anyone else on it? Is there anything you've noticed I should look out for. I'm generally very tolerant of medication but it's perfectly normal to be a bit worried. Stupid question number three, will the rest of my life smell of sugar puffs (you know what I mean ;-))

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Pandanose

Re: Forxiga - anyone else on it?

No one? Ok, well I started today so I'll keep whoever wants to know updated. So far, about 12 hours, can't say I've noticed anything different. But it's obviously a bit soon. I'll see what my readings are like tomorrow. I won't change anything else for a while so I can identify any changes. As for being a thread killer, sorry, it's not on purpose :roll:

iHs

Hi

Just thought that I would send a msg to you to wish you well with Forxiga. With time, I'm sure more diabetics will start to use it. Do carry on posting updates every few days.... :)

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)

Just been reading about this new drug. And NICE are not going to recommend it it seems. Whereabouts are you?

Pandanose

Quick update. My readings are definitely down. All below 7. And I'd love to say I've been good, but I'd be lying. The chest pains are a worry but they'll either pass or kill me. :roll:

Pandanose

Sadly the chest pains which may or may not be related have meant I've been advised to come off Forxiga. But I can state that it does work very effectively and I would recommend it if you are offered :cool:

DibbySandbach

Hi, just started on it and its ok except (sorry boys) I've now got thrush. I'm also doing really well with my reading during the day but my morning levels are always around 10. Any advice? Ps only been on foreign for 6 days, how long does it take to work properly?

Lynn8124

I hadn't heard of this til now, it sounds like you'd be peeing a lot if the sugar is flushed out through the urine? :crazy: :thumbdown:

sue_marie

Hi. Have just started with this tab (80mg) - today. Doc had tried me on gliclazide a couple of weeks ago but I came off it because I kept getting hypos, my weight was increasing and I and also had tender breasts (which isn't listed as a side effect but comes up on google searches). I also take 2000mg metformin daily. Fingers crossed for forxiga.

sue_marie

One week after taking Forxiga and no problems at all. Sugar levels are down below 6.5 and I've none of the side effects I had with gliclozide. Have lost 3lb, which could also be because I've cut out bread, rice, pasta and potatoes. You need to drink plenty of water on this med to help the kidneys flush out the glucose, but that's easy to do. So far so good !

Freesia3356

I know it's a few months on since the last post on Forxiga but how are people doing who are on it now. I have just started it

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Everything that's GOOD for you !!
Hi

I've posted in a different thread, but I think there's an overlap, so ........

Been on Forxiga for 4 weeks now.

Bloods are good, readings between 6.8 and 5.7 (sorry, old money !) Didn't know the meter read that low !!

And lost 5 lbs, and ate like a trooper over Christmas !

No side effects, and feeling great.

Will report as more transpires, or at least following my follow up, now in 2 months

Merry Christmas
DD (Rick)

I just started today on the advice of an endocrinologist I have been seeing as my sugars have been out of control.

I currently take 42 units Humalog 50/50 in the morning, 40 at lunchtime and 40 in the evening plus 1000mg Metformin (was on double that but it really doesn't agree with me!).

My sugars went out of control in January following an operation for a frozen shoulder (which hasn't worked!) and that's when I was started on insulin. Its now down to between 11.5 and 20.0 but that's better than it was as before I was rarely under 20.0!

I hope this works. I have put on 1½ stone since January and haven't changed what I was eating so it can only be related to my diabetes!!

Crystal Lady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I can sympathise with you I have had awful trouble getting my sugars under control. Just started with dapagliflozin and metformin together. I also hope this works as injections are not possible because of psoriasis over every part of my body. I will watch this thread with interest.

jayice11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Doing great so far, my out of control BG down from around 15 to 6 or 7! Hba1c down from over 10 to 7.5
Absolute miracle for me so far, apart from peeing so much more ;)

Sent from my IdeaTab S6000-F