Forxiga - anyone else on it?

Crystal Lady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I live in Cornwall and I have been prescribed dapagliflozin (forxiga) and metformin together took one 10g yesterday and and one today with my normal metformin and bg has gone down considwerably. Normally 30 now down to 12.1 before lunch today, I am looking forward to now loosing some weight as well. Let you know how I get on.

Okanagan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm in western Canada, Forxiga has just been introduced and I have completed one week of 5mg daily doses. Is there anyone out there in a similar position that wants to share notes - Okanagan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Everything that's GOOD for you !!
Been on it for 18 months now, feeling great. Lost just over 1 stone (and without really trying !!) Only thing is I'm drinking a lot more, seems to be flushing the sugars out . And get a dry mouth when I need to flush out.

Okanagan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for sharing that, I would like to know if you were well overweight when you started Forxiga or average weight for your height and how long before you noticed any benefit. I see you take 10mg daily, where I live in Canada the drug is new and 5mg daily seems to be a "normal" dose

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Everything that's GOOD for you !!
Yes, overweight definitely not a racing snake !! Weighing in at 92 kilos. now down to 85 (not weighed in for some time though !)

5' 10" (and that's not changed !!!! ) saw a difference in the first few months, didn't slow down as it was Xmas though.

Started off on 10 mg, and doctor is happy with my readings , so sticking with that, Due for a medication review in about 4 weeks. just hope all the tests are OK

Okanagan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes, overweight definitely not a racing snake !! Weighing in at 92 kilos. now down to 85 (not weighed in for some time though !)

5' 10" (and that's not changed !!!! ) saw a difference in the first few months, didn't slow down as it was Xmas though.

Started off on 10 mg, and doctor is happy with my readings , so sticking with that, Due for a medication review in about 4 weeks. just hope all the tests are OK
Thanks for that, it gives me a realistic goal seeing as I am 98Kg and vertically challenged, and on just 5mg. Must say though that after one week my BG numbers are down.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Been on Forxiga before and about to go back onto it....... fingers crossed all will be well as I am coming off Insulin in the evening but having a low dose ((6 )) in the morning :)

Cazzie59

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm in western Canada, Forxiga has just been introduced and I have completed one week of 5mg daily doses. Is there anyone out there in a similar position that wants to share notes - Okanagan
Hi Okanagan,
I'm from Canada too and I've just been prescribed Forxiga. Thats what led me to this site. I've only been taking it a couple of days, The only thing I've experienced is mild dizziness. Have you experienced any side effects?

Okanagan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes, also have a mild dizziness but after about 3 weeks my numbers are down by about 3 points

neels

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi,

Yes it seems there is another thread on Forxiga, but I'll update this one also....

I'm a type 1 on this since about October 2014, my sugars are doing really well, very rarely over 9 these days and taking a lot less insulin, which is a good thing. Do feel a lot more thirstier on taking Forxiga, but also find I need to pass urine a lot more too. Thrush not a major problem on taking this tablet, just a slight increase than normal. I was put on this mainly to get my weight down.....

I had my hospital visit end of December 2014 and apparently I had lost 5kgs and my bloods were something real good (sorry I forgot what it was... 6.4 maybe) but my consultant was so happy with the results.

I was expecting them to take me off Forxiga after this appointment but they said as I have been getting on so well with them and my results all round are great, so Forxiga will continue. :)

barbra

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
really interested in following comments on this medication starting on it now alongside metformin. i already take a duerectic and doc has said not to stop it so i reckon i will be spending most of the day in the bathroom thus not being able to eat the things i shouldnt lol

Okanagan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After two months on Forxiga & Metformin the numbers are dropping nicely, morning 8's and 9's are now 6's & 7's and this after a 15 day Hawaii cruise where I ate very well. Dizziness remains a worry and the thirst continues which leads to many bathroom visits during the night but the end result is encouraging

seanj67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've just been prescribed this today and starting Friday. I've been advised to reduce Gliclazide by 50%. Hopefully it will work well.

Welshgooner

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tottenham and High BS scores
I'm on 10mg a day and have had no problems - came off Gliclazide completely now - and lost half a stone in last 2 weeks

seanj67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ok,

So I've taken 2 of my Forxiga tablets so far...and my BG has dropped by 30%...that is quite amazing.... 2 days in and I'm in single figures.

I do feel a bit jittery/shaky today but I'm hoping that will settle - assuming it's the tablets and not just coincidence.

S

seanj67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes, thanks, I saw this earlier. The DN & I are hoping that it's only short term option for me but I will be keeping an eye on how I'm feeling...

seanj67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So, after a few days on Forxiga, my BG at lunchtime is looking good compared to last week - still higher than I want but going the right way. Still early days but I'm impressed so far.

BG.jpg

IzzieS

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Loud noises; disrespectful people; fireworks
I was on Forxiga (+ metformin) for 3 months and felt really well on it, lost 2 pounds - great! - however, it didn't bring my blood sugars down enough so was put onto gliclazide and now have put on 4 pounds in 2 months - not impressed!