Freestyle Libra Readings

Kaz261

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Here's my first 24 hours. I'm quite happy with it, but welcome any comments or feedback.

I activated the sensor around 5pm yesterday and created the graph around 6pm today, just to have a play.

e401456f8c6e22edecbb45b87ec239d6.jpg

The 3.9 reading was the sensor and not a true reading. I felt fine and measured 5.3 in my codefree. Since then it seems to have settled down and is measuring approx 0.4 lower than my codefree monitor.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
That looks pretty good to me. Well done.

One question - you don't appear to be logging when you start a meal - scan then use the notes and check the food box. If you do that it knows when you are about to eat and calculates your peak after eating, no matter what time this may be - and shows both the before reading and the peak on your graphs making it easier to see what is happening. It will also use this information on the other graphs it produces.

Reactions: 4 people

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
that is an awesome graph !! total respect with your settings at 4.5 - 8.0 :)

Reactions: 2 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
That's what I would wish for anyone with RH,
Good control Kaz!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That is great! Was there any time you felt 'off'? Or was it a good day all day?

Kaz261

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
That looks pretty good to me. Well done.

One question - you don't appear to be logging when you start a meal - scan then use the notes and check the food box. If you do that it knows when you are about to eat and calculates your peak after eating, no matter what time this may be - and shows both the before reading and the peak on your graphs making it easier to see what is happening. It will also use this information on the other graphs it produces.
Thanks for the advice. I'm still learning how to get the best from it so all suggestions welcome

Kaz261

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
That is great! Was there any time you felt 'off'? Or was it a good day all day?
Thanks. I don't appear to have good days at the minute Brun. Morning was very iffy yesterday, although the graph doesn't particularly show why.

This morning I'm very shaky and light headed. According to the Libra I was 4.6 when I woke and scanned at 6ish. I had risen to 5.1 at 7 when I got up and ate 3 Brazil nuts. 5.8 after my shower and 5.0 before eating breakfast (after drying my hair etc and dressing my youngest). While eating and typing this I keep feeling light headed but I really don't know why?

Kaz261

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
that is an awesome graph !! total respect with your settings at 4.5 - 8.0 :)
Thank you! I didn't really know what to set it at. I don't like to be below 4.5 and 8 seemed a reasonable target. I do know that I often spike higher than that. 10 or 11 is easily achievable with the wrong meal, not that I like to be there if I can help it!

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
settings are a pretty personal thing because we all know the numbers quoted by the medical peeps but setting them ourselves helps to make them personal and hopefully what comes with that is ownership , which in turn hopefully adds commitment to achieve the targets:)

( did I just say all that :D )

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
settings are a pretty personal thing because we all know the numbers quoted by the medical peeps but setting them ourselves helps to make them personal and hopefully what comes with that is ownership , which in turn hopefully adds commitment to achieve the targets:)

( did I just say all that :D )

Are you a seller of libre monitors?

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
LOL :D

my passion overcame me momentarily - :cool:

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Blimey Kaz, I spent way more time in the 3s than you have in that graph! To be fair, I'm happy enough at those levels, having never, knowingly, had a hypo.

Are you running food, exercise and bloods diaries alongside this, otherwise you won't get the best from it? It's all very well reviewing it in the immediacy, but some of my own most powerful learnings have been when I have reviewed something after a short while, when I have more data. Once you get to that point, if you have no idea what you ate, if you were active, what your bloods were or how you felt, all you have is a neat wiggly line; and an expensive one at that.

Can you identify any of your triggers to feeling rough yet, if you ignore any relation at all to blood scores? And, finally in the Spanish inquisition; do you have any food intolerances at all?

Kaz261

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Blimey Kaz, I spent way more time in the 3s than you have in that graph! To be fair, I'm happy enough at those levels, having never, knowingly, had a hypo.

Are you running food, exercise and bloods diaries alongside this, otherwise you won't get the best from it? It's all very well reviewing it in the immediacy, but some of my own most powerful learnings have been when I have reviewed something after a short while, when I have more data. Once you get to that point, if you have no idea what you ate, if you were active, what your bloods were or how you felt, all you have is a neat wiggly line; and an expensive one at that.

Can you identify any of your triggers to feeling rough yet, if you ignore any relation at all to blood scores? And, finally in the Spanish inquisition; do you have any food intolerances at all?
Hi AndBreathe, I am doing a food and exercise diary alongside this but haven't included bloods yet. Will add that as it would be useful when I look back.

Can't identify triggers for feeling rough yet. I know I begin to feel lightheaded when I'm low 5's. A bit more work needed there. I have no known food intolerances.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi AndBreathe, I am doing a food and exercise diary alongside this but haven't included bloods yet. Will add that as it would be useful when I look back.

Can't identify triggers for feeling rough yet. I know I begin to feel lightheaded when I'm low 5's. A bit more work needed there. I have no known food intolerances.

Hi Kaz,
Just to make you feel a little more bemused, I have no food intolerance.
But I cannot tolerate most foods. I know that's not logical, but I could eat anything I wanted but not much. I can have so much of what I fancy but too much will trigger the reaction.
Another way of saying it is how much of a dose of a poison can I have without the poison affecting my body. Not much. It's the same with most foods.
It's not quite the same as an allergy though!

Hope that explanation doesn't confuse you even more!

Kaz261

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday's results were a bit more enlightening (I'll post graph later). Very well controlled all day and then a spike up to 8.9 after roast beef dinner, followed by a quick drop. Sorted that one out and avoided a hypo but then had a hypo around 4 this morning which lasted around half an hour. May be a rebound effect from dinner? Also might explain my restless night and feeling off this morning.

I may have also identified the cause of my near fainting episodes. Checked my blood pressure this morning and it was 105/63. I have white coat hypertension so this is very low for me. Off to docs in a minute, but I'm thinking may be not getting enough salt? I've reduced my carbs but haven't increased my salt at all and I'm only now remembering Bruns advice in the early days to increase it!

lindisfel

Expert
My better half has a bp like that all the time! I wish I had been as healthy at 74!

If you increase sodium intake your potassium will drop. I should request the surgery does your U & E s. You will then know what your electrolytes are. If your aldosterone/renin system is working the kidney retains sodium if it is low in diet. High salt intake is a killer. regards D.

Kaz261

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Derek. I've only just read this and unfortunately the Doctor never suggested doing any tests. He's asked me to take a reading lying down and then another immediately after standing to see if there's a sharp change.

I'll mention checking my electrolytes when I go back.

He checked my blood pressure while I was there and it was 135/85! I suffer really badly from white coat hypertension, so it's difficult for him to determine if there's a problem.

Hope all is good with you?

lindisfel

Expert
Hi Kaz, I have white coated htn too! doctors call those bloods U &Es. The body has a feedback system, if sodium in blood drops renin goes up which causes the adrenals to produce more aldosterone. Aldosterone then works on the kidneys to remove sodium from the urine. Aldosterone even works on the sweat glands to stop them secreting sodium . When sodium level in blood is restored the renin and therefore the aldosterone drops and stasis is restored. I have a tumour that produces 20x the normal amount of aldosterone and my feedback system does not work...makes bp high. Some have adrenal insufficiency...not enough aldosterone and their bp is low. I doubt you have that condition kaz it is rare. atb D.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Rare condition eh Derek?

No one around here is that weird!