Freestyle Libre 2 Query

mkzp123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Guys

My son is using the freestyle libre 2 for a while now. His hypo awareness is not the best and we have found the low glucose alarms very useful However at present the alarms keep losing connections. We are not sure why this is.
Could it be because of other phones or devices connected to Bluetooth devices within the same room that is causing the issue or could it be the phone he is using which is a old iPhone 7 ?

I have emailed Abbotts the query and am awaiting their response also.

If anyone has encountered the same issues please let me know what the resolutions was.

thanking everyone in advance for any responses.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Guys

My son is using the freestyle libre 2 for a while now. His hypo awareness is not the best and we have found the low glucose alarms very useful However at present the alarms keep losing connections. We are not sure why this is.
Could it be because of other phones or devices connected to Bluetooth devices within the same room that is causing the issue or could it be the phone he is using which is a old iPhone 7 ?

If anyone has encountered the same issues please let me know what the resolutions was.

Hi,

To be fair I use Android.. What I have found is if the signal was to get dropped? The low alarm picked up on my old phone?

Now I do use an iPad too. (But not for Libre.) have you tried "forgetting" any other BT devices in settings & Bluetooth that may be tethered to the phone? The phone maybe busy trying to look for headphones or wot not?

LionChild

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
whisky
Hi Guys

Yes, my meter kept squeaking in protest at me when it kept losing the signal. I am afraid I got so fed up with it, I simply turned off the alarm!

Hertfordshiremum

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Guys

Hi

yes I have had this with some sensors. Abbott’s are aware I also contacted them. Try turning the phone off and on and reconnecting as Jaylee suggests. This seems to help. I have found though the next sensor is often fine. If Abbott’s tell you any work around please do post.

Hertfordshiremum

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I also cah
Hi Guys

Hi again
I am also not very hypo aware until it’s a bit too late. I have changed the low alarm setting to 4.5, gives me time to sort out a correction and if the alarm does not go off first time it will go off again the lower you go. So gives you better chance of catching a hypo.

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The Libre 2 reader alarms frequently don't work for me, especially the low alarm, even with the reader right next to me. I find xdrip on my android phone more reliable, but sometimes it fails too.

Reactions: nicki92

Angela1965

Ive had 5 sensors fail in the last week, after the hour start up. Abbot said they will replace them. Ive been using the libre 2 since 2017, so i know what im doing. Has this happened to anyone else??

Paulaah

Yes, about a month ago I got through 4 in one week. All from different batches. All wildly inaccurate. Tried to stick with them to see if they settled in to no avail. Abbott replaced them all. It totally messed my control up for a week because you come to rely on the good ones and then don’t know where you are when another is inaccurate. It’s also very stressful. My diabetes is being difficult at the moment anyway due to peri menopause (that’s another story!) so I didn’t need that stress on top. I tried to escalate as a complaint to Abbott but they don’t have a proper process. They just apologise and replace the faulty ones. Which is great in itself but it’s slightly missing the point!

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m on my 3rd in 5 days, been reading between 2.5 & 5 too high

Angela1965

Yes, about a month ago I got through 4 in one week. All from different batches. All wildly inaccurate. Tried to stick with them to see if they settled in to no avail. Abbott replaced them all. It totally messed my control up for a week because you come to rely on the good ones and then don’t know where you are when another is inaccurate. It’s also very stressful. My diabetes is being difficult at the moment anyway due to peri menopause (that’s another story!) so I didn’t need that stress on top. I tried to escalate as a complaint to Abbott but they don’t have a proper process. They just apologise and replace the faulty ones. Which is great in itself but it’s slightly missing the point!

Thank you for the reply, im so stressed out with it all. Im finger pricking and thats getting me down too. Apparently its an IOS update issue. God only knows. I rely on them so much.

nicki92

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had an issue where the signal loss alarm would go off every couple of minutes -- even with the phone in my hand or next to me on the table. I scanned, which worked fine, then a couple of minutes later the alarm went off. In this situation the low glucose alarm did still work though.
I've just started using xDrip4iOS and although I haven't worked out how to snooze their alarms very well I find them more reliable. And you can set more custom alarms, e.g. so the signal loss one can also override "do not disturb" mode, or particular alarms for different times of day which I really like

Angela1965

I had an issue where the signal loss alarm would go off every couple of minutes -- even with the phone in my hand or next to me on the table. I scanned, which worked fine, then a couple of minutes later the alarm went off. In this situation the low glucose alarm did still work though.
I've just started using xDrip4iOS and although I haven't worked out how to snooze their alarms very well I find them more reliable. And you can set more custom alarms, e.g. so the signal loss one can also override "do not disturb" mode, or particular alarms for different times of day which I really like

Seems the libre 2 has quite a few issues going on.