Freestyle Libre 2 sensors always failing now

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My skin reacts to stick on dressings/plasters, someone suggested I try a spray on dressing before sticking the Libre disc on. I can’t stick an Elastoplast over it as my skin will react to that‍ A physio once tapped up my foot to treat plantar fascitis, NIGHTMARE, allergic reaction and took nearly 2 wks to go. So problematic ‍♀️
One forum members has purchased an elastic strap with a 3d printer holder for their Libre which keeps their sensor in place without need for additional plaster when swimming.
However, there are hypoallergenic options such as Tegaderm.
With regards to sprays before applying the sensor, I would recommend skin barriers rather than spray on dressings. I have used both SkinTac (not a spray but a wipe) and Cavillon,
Although the glue used on Libre is not the same as that used on plastersand dressings.

Reactions: Angela64

Angela64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
T2 and PAF & now Haemochromatosis!
One forum members has purchased an elastic strap with a 3d printer holder for their Libre which keeps their sensor in place without need for additional plaster when swimming.
However, there are hypoallergenic options such as Tegaderm.
With regards to sprays before applying the sensor, I would recommend skin barriers rather than spray on dressings. I have used both SkinTac (not a spray but a wipe) and Cavillon,
Although the glue used on Libre is not the same as that used on plastersand dressings.
The fitness lady at my pool is a T1 and she has allergy marks from the monitors

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I've had very few problems of any kind with my Libre 2. I do take care to insert the sensor of the side of the arm where there is flesh. I cross the arm across my body to see where the fleshy area is before inserting. I've never ever had a problem with lying on the sensor and that may be because I choose a fleshy area?