Freestyle Libre 30-50 points low recurring problem

vikkiT

I have been using the Freestyle Libre for 2 years now. Starting in Jan. 2020 I have had very low readings, 50-60mg/dl but when I check my blood glucose I am normal at 110 to 120 mg/dl. This is Not around eating. This is even when I first wake in the am. I have autoimmune Rheumatoid Arthritis and I wonder if something else could be blocking my interstitial tissue levels? I have not been able to reach anyone from Abbott that can transfer me to someone with a working knowledge of interference. Does anyone else have this problem and if so do you know why? Thanks!

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
Cgm doesn’t work well for everyone. I don’t know why. I can say I struggled with it too. It didn’t work for me so I gave it up.

If you think it’s just this sensor, and not every sensor, call Abbott and get it replaced. If this problem happens more than it doesn’t happen, you have to decide when to give it up.

For some people cgm is a great tool. We still have to be happy for them.

Reactions: vikkiT

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
If it's consistently 30-50 points under you could consider getting a miao miao which allows you to calibrate the libre against your own blood sugar readings...
My problem was that once I started to become allergic to it the readings were randomly out by anything from 0 to 100 (your units). I now to 8-10 blood tests a day and am waiting for Dexcom g6 to make it to New Zealand....

Ellenor2000

I have been using the Freestyle Libre for 2 years now. Starting in Jan. 2020 I have had very low readings, 50-60mg/dl but when I check my blood glucose I am normal at 110 to 120 mg/dl. This is Not around eating. This is even when I first wake in the am. I have autoimmune Rheumatoid Arthritis and I wonder if something else could be blocking my interstitial tissue levels? I have not been able to reach anyone from Abbott that can transfer me to someone with a working knowledge of interference. Does anyone else have this problem and if so do you know why? Thanks!
when I put it in my chest (lol) this happened to me as well, I had like, 2s and 3s when really I was in the 3s, 4s and 5s.

putting it in my arm made the readings at least seem sensical. but I assume you are using it as directed

Cbmod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
If you are on android, download xdrip+ or for iOS download Spike. I use xdrip+ instead of the libre app because I can calibrate it against my blood sugar and make it so much more accurate. Same kind of thing as EllieM suggested but you don't have to buy the miaomiao to do it!

vikkiT

If it's consistently 30-50 points under you could consider getting a miao miao which allows you to calibrate the libre against your own blood sugar readings...
My problem was that once I started to become allergic to it the readings were randomly out by anything from 0 to 100 (your units). I now to 8-10 blood tests a day and am waiting for Dexcom g6 to make it to New Zealand....
So is the Dexcom g6 not as reactive?

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
So is the Dexcom g6 not as reactive?

Supposedly not, though I have yet to find out. Would happily try the G5 (available in NZ) but apparently Dexcom have stopped updating the phone models for the G5 app, and my year old Samsung 10e refuses to download it.

Reactions: joyjoy50