FreeStyle Libre Glucose Monitoring

stevenson40

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I was lucky to be allowed to use the FreeStyle Libre system a few months ago.
At the beginning of February 2019 I had a major liver operation to remove a 2.3 kg tumor.
The surgical team allowed me to use the FreeStyle Libre system during and after the operation.
I could therefore keep a check on my glucose levels without the need of constant blood tests.
This made it easier for the nurses and support staff and gave me better control of my insulin doseages in order to control my Type 1 diabetes, which I have had since June 1957.
I would therefore like to thank Abbotts and the NHS for allowing me the use of such a wonderful system for controlling glucose levels.
Before going into hospital my HbA1c was 58 and after two weeks following the operation was 44.

Energize

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was lucky to be allowed to use the FreeStyle Libre system a few months ago.
At the beginning of February 2019 I had a major liver operation to remove a 2.3 kg tumor.
The surgical team allowed me to use the FreeStyle Libre system during and after the operation.
I could therefore keep a check on my glucose levels without the need of constant blood tests.
This made it easier for the nurses and support staff and gave me better control of my insulin doseages in order to control my Type 1 diabetes, which I have had since June 1957.
I would therefore like to thank Abbotts and the NHS for allowing me the use of such a wonderful system for controlling glucose levels.
Before going into hospital my HbA1c was 58 and after two weeks following the operation was 44.
Sorry you needed to have such surgery and hope you're making a good recovery

On the basis of what you have said, have you got a supportive team that you could ask if they could get the Libre prescribed for you? :)

Reactions: EllieM

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs

Sorry about the operation but what an awesome improvement in hba1c. I hope you can persuade your doctor to prescribe it for you. Though I've got to say I'm puzzled as to who it could change so much in just two weeks, given that it's an average over the last 3 months. (Or is that a predicted hba1c on the grounds of the blood tests from the libre?) Either way, congratulations on the improvement.