FREESTYLE LIBRE ON SALE!!!!

madusmacus

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I just got 2 new sensors (pet name is sensi21 and sensi22)

added one to my l arm in the flabby fatter area as I could find and once again ouch :¬*(
So I know I hit some internal anatomy again (turned out it was a blood vessel again and it rendered sensor useless)
But...

I noticed after just 15 minute my arm around the adhesive was showing small ring of raised blisters

Was this a new reaction to the adhesive ?
It happened really fast too
I have not had anything like this before
Maybe a reaction to the blood that came out I don't know

Anyways I think I should stop using these but when they work they are so useful
Guess I'm addicted to tech and bio feedback

Scarlet10

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Looking forward to mine arriving hopefully not long now and then i will be like a child with a new toy.

Reactions: 2 people

Scarlet10

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well its arrived i have put my first sensor in - hope it will be ok now. Looking forward to scanning and seeing patterns

Garr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just about had enough of it now. First couple of sensors were great, both read about 1mmol/l lower than my blood monitor. Next one about 2 mmol/l lower, 4th one, anything from 2.5 lower to 0.5 higher. Complained and they sent me a replacement, just fired it up after 24 hrs and it's reading LO and my blood sugar is 5.8.

madusmacus

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just about had enough of it now. First couple of sensors were great, both read about 1mmol/l lower than my blood monitor. Next one about 2 mmol/l lower, 4th one, anything from 2.5 lower to 0.5 higher. Complained and they sent me a replacement, just fired it up after 24 hrs and it's reading LO and my blood sugar is 5.8.
I am afraid you have echoed my total journey (of 22 sensors) with this product :¬(
The 1 sensor in about 5 that you get lucky with is excellent but its too unstable
I finally put the blame on the sensor hitting unforeseen bits of internal arm anatomy
(and yes I follow the insertion perfectly I guess not all people are made the same)
if you see blood when you take it off or it hurts even a bit after insertion I found sensor to be off or dead
Shame as I'm addicted to the tech but I cant recommend this product now.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've seen some discussion recently, on another forum, suggesting decent hydration levels are critical to the smooth operating of this gizmo, bearing in mind it is after all testing in interstitial fluids. I'm currently in a hot climate, and am already obsessed with hydration (just from a general well-being perspective), but when I next use a sensor, I will undertaking be Olympic standard fluid intakes.

Scarlet10

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Only my first sensor and second day but mine is reading about 0.4 out of my accu-check machine. Interesting to see that overnight my levels rose a lot then dipped and rose again causing me to wake on a 11 which is unusual for me. Love looking at the graphs etc but it needs to be pretty accurate or its just not worth it.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Only my first sensor and second day but mine is reading about 0.4 out of my accu-check machine. Interesting to see that overnight my levels rose a lot then dipped and rose again causing me to wake on a 11 which is unusual for me. Love looking at the graphs etc but it needs to be pretty accurate or its just not worth it.
If your levels go up and down like a roller coaster overnight, you need to look back at what you ate and what insulin you did. Whether the numbers are accurate or not is irrelevant. Your overnight should be relatively stable and flat. If it isn't there is something up and now you know it when you didn't before. Accuracy is only secondary.

Scarlet10

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Definitely @tim2000's the libre gives you that look into things like that which is crucial to good control. Yip lots of things to look at and tweak which is priceless for me

Garr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thought I'd try a change of tactic and go for the stomach with this one. I've no much fat anywhere else, maybe the lack of fat on my arms is the problem. I've put it on now with no pain at all and I'll fire it up tomorrow and see if it's any better.

Garr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Fired up the sensor on my stomach and reading 5.3, tested blood and 5.8. That's more like it. If it stays that close I'll be happy.

madusmacus

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fired up the sensor on my stomach and reading 5.3, tested blood and 5.8.
That's more like it. If it stays that close I'll be happy.

I hope all works out :¬)
I wish abbot would officially say it works on the tummy

Because.. when using the "official arm location" I found overnight readings where dodgey (up down up down)
I am a side sleeper and when I roll on the sensor it squishes the juices and so the sensor reads low

Anyways have a nice weekend all :¬)

Hill28

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Uhm..diabetes
I've had also times when I screwed up 3 or 4 sensors in a row and Abbot would even try to put the blame on me, taking me for an idiot which wouldn't be able to place a sensor..
The last 3 have worked fine for me on arms or legs. Won't try my stomach since I think it wouldn't be comfortable and since i have to inject insulin..

pinewood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Anyone else realise that they sometimes scan for the sake of scanning and don't even register the number thrown up on the screen?! :facepalm:

Maybe it's embarrassingly just me .... but occasionally I'll scan and then 5 minutes later realise I didn't even pay attention to the number it showed and then I have to re-scan again and actually concentrate on what I'm doing. o_O Think I'm so used to just scanning as a matter of course .. and getting fed-up/tired of this diabetes lark....

madusmacus

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Anyone else realise that they sometimes scan for the sake of scanning and don't even register the number thrown up on the screen?! :facepalm:

Maybe it's embarrassingly just me .... but occasionally I'll scan and then 5 minutes later realise I didn't even pay attention to the number it showed and then I have to re-scan again and actually concentrate on what I'm doing. o_O Think I'm so used to just scanning as a matter of course .. and getting fed-up/tired of this diabetes lark....

You can see all the scans you have done using the "review history->logbook" feature
So you can always get the exact numbers you forgot to write down - its all in there :¬)

Edit: on rereading the post I get you now :¬) - yes I used to scan all the time for the sake of it :¬)

Last edited by a moderator:

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
out of interest what is everyones number of scans per day? this last fortnight I'm average 16 a day - was something like 20 odd when I first got one. (You can find this in review history, arrow down and sensor usage, first shows the last 7 days, arrow left for 14, and then 30 days and 90 days but since I've not had a sensor on and working for the whole of the last 30 days or beyond the results are skewed.)

pinewood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
out of interest what is everyones number of scans per day? this last fortnight I'm average 16 a day - was something like 20 odd when I first got one. (You can find this in review history, arrow down and sensor usage, first shows the last 7 days, arrow left for 14, and then 30 days and 90 days but since I've not had a sensor on and working for the whole of the last 30 days or beyond the results are skewed.)
My average is 33 :eek:

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
On average since end of Jan: 6 scans a day
last 30 days average: 9
last 14 days average: 7
last 7 days average: 10
But some of the time I've actually been sensor-less as I had two fail to start and had to wait for replacement.

I thought I was actually doing more! :wideyed::p

Robbity

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I'm currently averaging 67 per day... As I've been having a few issues with levels. Normally I'm around 40 a day. And have been ever since getting the thing.