1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

FREESTYLE LIBRE ON SALE!!!!

Discussion in 'Blood Glucose Monitoring' started by Emmotha, Oct 16, 2014.

1. tim2000s

tim2000s Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Wasn't it 90+ Rob?

2. robert72

robert72 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Pretty sure is was :eek:

3. slip

slip Type 1 · Well-Known Member

RSI inducing!

• Like Like x 2
  4. AndBreathe

AndBreathe I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Retired Moderator

Does he have time to breathe between scans? :eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. loafhead

loafhead Type 1 · Active Member

Does anyone know of a way of entering data after a scan. The option to put e.g food or insulin in only appears valid for a short time after a scan and you can't amend it in the log files after a certain amount of time, meaning a new scan is needed but that may be an hour after the event.

6. Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802 Type 2 (in remission!) · Legend

If you download the log files to a spreadsheet (Excel) you can add/amend anything.

7. Garr

Garr Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Don't even notice it's there to be honest and don't have to worry about catching it on the door. I inject all my insulin into my stomach and it's been great so far.

8. loafhead

loafhead Type 1 · Active Member

Thanks for the reply. Shame it can't be ammended in the reader things but the downloads also makes sense.

• Like Like x 2
  9. day007

day007 · Member

Thank you, this sounds exactly like what i need!
    My last one that was coming off after 3/4 days eventually stayed on the whole 2 weeks with repeated reapplication of basic tape from the pharmacy that pretty much almost came off any time i so much as thought about going near a shower.

My new sensor has just come off after ONE DAY which is just not on when you have paid £60 for it. Not sure why it doesn't seem to like sticking to me!!!

I see people talk about having skin reactions to the glue. I have just been on a beach holiday and although my sensor was only on for the 1st day of the holiday i noticed the area where the sensor had been was a bit lumpy and then didn't tan as much as the surrounding area, so maybe that was a skin reaction - although it's never felt sore/itchy.

10. Alasdair

Alasdair Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I'm going on a beach holiday in a couple of weeks ..... So far I've not needed any tape or anything to hold my sensors on but I'm wondering if anyone has any tips for when in the sunshine lazing on a lounger by the pool for a few days?

11. AndBreathe

AndBreathe I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Retired Moderator

I'm not on a beach holiday as such, but am in a Tropical climate where a certain degree of lazing may happen, in the late afternoon........ :rolleyes:

The sensor is stuck just as fast here as I find it is in UK.

Enjoy your break. Where are you heading?

12. Alasdair

Alasdair Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Just a week in the med so lazing, beers, sunshine and pool. Looking forward to the circle white patch I'll have on my arm after it lol

13. day007

day007 · Member

That was the main reason I decided not to reapply mine for my holiday to avoid that tan issue! Almost entirely for vanity haha.
    Seeing the fairly extreme level of tan-bikini I currently have I am very glad I made that decision - I am a completely new shade of deep brown where before I was pasty, pasty white so that circle would have been horrendous,

In other news, they have sent me a new replacement sensor when mine fell off after 1 day, but I'm not applying this one until I get some serious additional adhesives.

14. Billytrack

Billytrack Type 1 · Active Member

Hi all, I know there are some clever people on here, but would any of you know if you can either start a libre sensor with your mobile phone, or get access to the librelink app? Can you not just pretend you're Swedish or whatever?

15. tim2000s

tim2000s Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

I suspect you'd need to work out how to access the Swedish Play store and that may dependent on your mobile number.

16. Billytrack

I've tried a few times in a few different ways to change my Google play location, to no avail.

I have found an app called 'Glimp S' which claims to be able to start a sensor without need for the libre reader. I'll try that and report back.

17. Billytrack

UPDATE: Glimp S works so far, and you don't need the reader to start a sensor.

18. pinewood

pinewood Type 1 · Well-Known Member

After using the Libre continuously for the past year I just took my first hiatus and didn't have a sensor on for the past week ... and it was actually just what I needed.

I think I was burning out. I felt less under pressure and worried about my levels all the time ...."not knowing" all the time was actually kind of nice. I'm putting a sensor back on tonight as I know I can't live as healthily without it, but if anyone else is ever feeling a bit fed-up of diabetes/burnt out then taking a break from the Libre might be worth considering. I really felt like it allowed me to recharge a bit.

• Like Like x 4
  19. tim2000s

tim2000s Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Carlo has been busy! Does the reader work with the sensor still?

20. pinewood

pinewood Type 1 · Well-Known Member

No, according to the screenshots if you activate with GlimpS you must then use Glimp.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook