Freestyle Libre teaching me sooo much about my T2 and RH

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just gone back and checked, and every time @Linagirl has one of the big spikes, the bg drops lower after, than it was before. Classic RH - just like me. And that is on a well controlled LC eating pattern. It would be MUCH worse if she was eating carbs - if she is like me in that too. ;)

Oh, and your flatlines, @Andrew Colvin may be from gluconeogenesis, rather than from carbs.

Linagirl

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Put a new sensor in today. Showed 6.4 then went for a walk and dropped to 3.1. Now I can't get it back up. Any one else experienced this with the sensors?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Put a new sensor in today. Showed 6.4 then went for a walk and dropped to 3.1. Now I can't get it back up. Any one else experienced this with the sensors?
Have you tested it against your normal meter?
If it is reading too low, and doesn't settle by morning, I would contact Freestyle and tell them it is faulty.

But if your meter confirms a low reading, then maybe you are brewing a cold or something (most ppl read high with a cold, but hey, we r RHers. Why would the normal rules ever apply? Lol). How do you feel?

Linagirl

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
I have run out of sticks which is maddening! I'll get some tomorrow and check. I am definitely brewing a cold and we did walk 3 miles but I was 6.4 before leaving and stable and had peanut butter so no way did I expect such a quick drop. I really need to get a handle on this. When I got back I had a gluten piece of fruit toast with cashew nut butter on it and a square of dark chocolate and still only reading 3.7. I did feel low but I would normally be a mess as those levels. Will see what the readings are tomorrow and contact freestyle if needs be. Thanks Brun x

Reactions: 2 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Because of this bloody cold weather, I always have a runny nose but no cold.
It's just something that is quite normal for me since way before diagnosis.

I read up on it and it s called rhinitis!

If you are feeling ok, it is probably the sensor.
But as Brun says, who knows what our hormones are up to, at any given time.

Have an easy holiday weekend!

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have run out of sticks which is maddening! I'll get some tomorrow and check. I am definitely brewing a cold and we did walk 3 miles but I was 6.4 before leaving and stable and had peanut butter so no way did I expect such a quick drop. I really need to get a handle on this. When I got back I had a gluten piece of fruit toast with cashew nut butter on it and a square of dark chocolate and still only reading 3.7. I did feel low but I would normally be a mess as those levels. Will see what the readings are tomorrow and contact freestyle if needs be. Thanks Brun x

Sorry you're having a bit of a torrid time, one way or another right now.

I don't have RH so can't comment on that aspect, but will say you will have to have corroborative evidence your sensor is malfunctioning before Abbott will do anything. Just phoning them and saying something like; "it read 3.7 and there's no way I was 3.7" wouldn't be good enough, I'm sure.

I know that's expressed simplistically, but I'm sure you can see what I mean? You need to get yourself some strips.

Linagirl

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Hi all. Got myself some strips today and guess what the sensor is reading 1.5-2 lower than my freestyle lite showing me as having low glucose when I don't! I called Abbott and left a voicemail message for a call back. Will update in due course. X

Linagirl

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Because of this bloody cold weather, I always have a runny nose but no cold.
It's just something that is quite normal for me since way before diagnosis.

I read up on it and it s called rhinitis!

If you are feeling ok, it is probably the sensor.
But as Brun says, who knows what our hormones are up to, at any given time.

Have an easy holiday weekend!

It was the sensor! You are right should just follow my body and how I feel.

Thanks Nosher you too xx

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I tend to find the sensors are consistent - but either high or low...
So I just mentally adjust the reading and stick with it.

Find the vagaries of prick testing far more stressful and unhelpful.

Have you noticed that the Freestyle software seems to monitor itself for the really odd readings? Every now an then I get a silly high, or a silly low, when I scan, but they don't show up on the graph. it seems to be able to identify and disregard or smooth out the anomalies... anyway, will stop rambling.

Glad you feel OK, even if the numbers are weird. :)