FreeStyle LibreLink Issues

Jane Milburn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, after knocking out my FreeStyle Libre 2 sensor, as directed on the FreeStyle Libre website, i've replaced it with a new sensor.

When trying to take a reading from the FreeStyle LibreLink app. it recognises the new sensor saying:

NEW SENSOR FOUND Starting a new sensor will end the sensor you are currently using. Would you like to start the new one now? yes or no.

I select yes which takes me to 3 pages of how to scan a sensor and nothing more, so I go back to the home page which shows I have 7 days left for the old sensor. This appears to be why it will not take a reading I think as the app. seems to be stuck on the old sensor.

I've searched online for an answer to get the app. to work but to no avail. I will call Abbott's tomorrow when they are open to see if they can help, however in the mean time could anyone please help me to get the app. working with the new sensor please?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Have you tried scanning it after it asked if you wanted to start a new sensor?

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
It should be a 2 scan operation. First checks if you want to do it, the second activates it. The 60 min countdown then starts at the top of the screen. As always it will do no harm to restart the phone just to see if that clears the problem.

Jane Milburn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Many thanks to you both, after restarting my phone and following the advice from you both, it now works.

Reactions: Antje77

Nicki70

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I put a new Libre 2 on this morning. Got hanged this afternoon to go to a hospital appointment, and no Libre 2 on my arm!!! Have no idea where it is, and as I was out walking this morning it could be on any footpath around the village :arghh:

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
I put a new Libre 2 on this morning. Got hanged this afternoon to go to a hospital appointment, and no Libre 2 on my arm!!! Have no idea where it is, and as I was out walking this morning it could be on any footpath around the village :arghh:
Just call Abbott and they will send a new one (foc), don’t worry about lost one, there’s no needle, it’s safe for normal trash

0800 1701177

Reactions: Nicki70