Freestyle stytle libre 2 not scanning sensor?

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Football, Rugby, Sweede, Parsnips, Beetroot
Hello, everyone I’m a bit confused

I have the freestyle libre 2 sensor with the app. It’s been working fine and I’ve got 10 days left. However today it was working fine till I popped into town to get my mobile screen fixed since it was cracked and once I got fixed. My sensor still does the alarms however it wont let me scan as when I scan the normal way no blood glucose reading comes up. I tried turning my mobile on and off and that didn’t work.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Last edited:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

I have the freestyle libre 2 sensor with the app. It’s been working fine and I’ve got 10 days left. However today it was working fine till I popped into town to get my mobile screen fixed since it was cracked and once I got fixed. My sensor still does the alarms however it wont let me scan as when I scan the normal way no blood glucose reading comes up. I tried turning my mobile on and off and that didn’t work.

Hi,

Do you get an error message, or does it just not scan.?
Have you checked NFC is switched on?

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi,

No error code. Just doesn’t scan. Notifications are on.

Hertfordshiremum

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I had this once, I phoned Abbots, they told me delete the app and reinstall. They are helpful if you call if you are still stuck.

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Is the "near field communication" (scanny bit.) Switched on.? (In the phone's general settings)
Went down to settings and I can’t see that option

I had this once, I phoned Abbots, they told me delete the app and reinstall. They are helpful if you call if you are still stuck.
If you do that, do you lose anything?

PaulAshby

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

I've done this and the sensor will definitely not work after reinstalling the app for that sensor.

chrisy62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Call Abbotts they will take you through it, if all else fails they will issue you a new sensor. That’s what happened to me when I called, now before I call I go through all what they told me to check before ringing them. So far I’ve had six sensors replaced for various reasons.
I’m waiting for the Glucomon device to be on our NICE prescription scheme and hoping to go over to that, it sounds much better.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
If you can drill down to look for Librelink Error events or whatever you may see something useful. If you call Abbotts (they are very good) they will guide you to find any error codes and use these to decide whether to send a replacement and whether to ask you to return the 'dead' one.

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
If you can drill down to look for Librelink Error events or whatever you may see something useful. If you call Abbotts (they are very good) they will guide you to find any error codes and use these to decide whether to send a replacement and whether to ask you to return the 'dead' one.
That’s the thing I haven’t got any errors and it still recognises there’s 9 days left. Also this one that stopped working is my last one till I get the next ones on my prescription in a few days. I’ve just gone back to the basic way for now.

I just don’t get how replacing your phone screen would effect it though

Ipodlistener

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Idiots
Screenshot_20220901_195419.jpg

Ipodlistener

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Idiots
This one. The same as paying for something on your phone in a shop. If you don't know where it is on your phone. Open Google pay/Apple pay there's a good chance it'll ask if you want NFC switched on

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I just don’t get how replacing your phone screen would effect it though

what phone do you have?

Is there a removable battery compartment? Some phones like Samsungs have the NFC antenna as part of the battery? (Just under shell at the back.) The battery may be connected but one or two of the connectors for the antenna could have lost continuity??

Still_Here

Sensor scanning uses the NFC system which uses a small coil aerial. The alarm system uses the Bluetooth system and although it is a radio, this is different from the NFC aerial.

It is possible the person doing the screen repair knocked a connector for the NFC radio loose. This would be very easy to do. Might be worth asking the repair shop to check the connection.

Mike_T

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Most phones particularly Apple iPhone don’t have the ability to switch nfc off and on. The only way I know of checking whether or not the nfc is working is to use it to pay for something using a debit/credit card stored on your Apple/Google wallet or Apple/Google pay which is the basic reason smart phones have nfc.

Reactions: Speedbird

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@Jaylee iphone 8 plus is the phone i have

@Still_Here I replaced a new one and it still doesn't scan. So it's defientley the phone and not the sensor's

@Mike_T i'm confused it works fine for apple pay however the freestyle libre 2 is just changed and it still doesn't scan

Last edited:
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I came across this thread because I was having the same issues but then I realised that the only thing I had done different was putting my bank card in the phone case - once I removed bank card - back to scanning - I have no idea why that has made a difference but just happy it's scanning again

SJT1206

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey @Lulu9101112

Did you sort this issue out? It happened to me yesterday and I’ve done everything I can as per above and it still won’t scan!

Any advice appreciated!

dougscrewe

Hey @Lulu9101112

Did you sort this issue out? It happened to me yesterday and I’ve done everything I can as per above and it still won’t scan!

Any advice appreciated!

Hello.

I have the Libre2 sensor and it has happened once. I decided to change the sensor and the new one worked ok. It looks like it was a problem with the sensor and not the phone.

Rob Mertens

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I have this issue since 2 months, sensor scans, a result takes about 2 minutes OR after those 2 minutes i get an error (335 in the errorlog) . Samsung A13, several new sensors, restarted the phone, reinstalled the app...i'm at a loss