frequent trips to the loo

aard

Is it normal for people with T2 diabetes to go about twenty times a day?
Asking cause I will probably be diagnosed at my next GP meeting and this is how much i go.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @aard

Frequent peeing is one of the possible symptoms of diabetes (type 1 or 2) due to high sugar levels. It’s the body’s way of trying to get rid of the sugar.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
But it's also a symptom of other conditions (eg prostate). :)

Hopefully your doctor will get you sorted when you go to your next meeting.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Is it normal for people with T2 diabetes to go about twenty times a day?
Asking cause I will probably be diagnosed at my next GP meeting and this is how much i go.

That's FAR too many. Something is clearly wrong

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Could be bacterial uniary tract infection, prostate problems ......etc, its best to go to your GP as soon as possible to start testing and sort the issue.

aard

thx for the replies,

The infuriating thing is the doctors, not just one , dismiss my concerns when I mention this. What they normally do is just test me for diabetes, hence wondering if that was a normal amount for diabetics!!!

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
thx for the replies,

The infuriating thing is the doctors, not just one , dismiss my concerns when I mention this. What they normally do is just test me for diabetes, hence wondering if that was a normal amount for diabetics!!!
No doctor should ignore someone with that frequency. As others have said apart from diabetes it could be prostate (if male) or an infection. It does need investigation.