Frowned at by Nurse when I mentioned LCHF

nelibonsai

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
quacks
Is it not that fat helps the carbs to be absorbed at a slower rate?

thepolly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not keeping motivated, eating when not hungry too much of the time. Need to up my distractions
Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply.

No no it's okay, I completely understand why people may feel some bitterness towards GPs/doctors.

I agree, it would be interesting to read up more on LCHF and read about the success stories. I'm sorry if I came across as not accepting of it or damning it, I'm not like that at all. As I mentioned, I'm open to new ideas, and certainly shall look at the link you have shared :)
I guess I was just sharing my limited views, but I know that I can learn so much more from those actually experiencing diabetes on a daily basis. So I thank you once more. Forgive me if I have angered or hurt you in any way.

Kind Regards,

Mahesh

Hi, a great book to read on the subject is Dr Jason Fung's 'The Obesity Code' which cites lots of examples of how bad science has been passed down over the last few decades and is now 'known fact'

Good luck with your research

Dr__Mesh

Verified HCP
Type of diabetes
Doctor
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi, a great book to read on the subject is Dr Jason Fung's 'The Obesity Code' which cites lots of examples of how bad science has been passed down over the last few decades and is now 'known fact'

Good luck with your research

Hi there. Thank you very much :)

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just reviving this thread to add another video on the subject of the Coronary Artery Calcium test - another Ivor Cummins interview with Dr Bruce Brundage who was involved with the test from the beginning. He gives a fascinating insight into how commerce/lobbying drives medical research and the long delay between research to medical advances becoming maintstream.