Type 2 Fruits ???

Altaf_7

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I want to know which fruits should I or I shouldn’t have ? ... like I have seen many of times when I have grapes and mangoes my blood sugars spike up so I just want someone to give me an advice related to which fruits to have and which not to have?

woodenone46

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Berries are best as almost all other fruit contain a lot of Fructose which sends BG up I eat berries wit Natural Yoghurt or Double Cream

Reactions: Altaf_7
P

pollensa

I want to know which fruits should I or I shouldn’t have ? ... like I have seen many of times when I have grapes and mangoes my blood sugars spike up so I just want someone to give me an advice related to which fruits to have and which not to have?
Take a peep at www.dietdoctor.com amazing website.

In reality depending on your medical situation and medications, really ALL fruits are off limits, if you want to take control and keep levels low. I stick to grapefruit as I find it does the same as Metformin, but natural and have it every morning. Other than this I do not eat fruit, only on birthday and Festivities Xmas and N.Year. I have clementine orange that goes into the palm of my hand, strawberries, berries, if an apple, ensure its granny as its citrus and not sweet. Again, all small portions for special treats.

Take a look at the diet doctor website and its an excellent recommended guideline.

its up to you, some say you can eat fruit in moderation that may be so, its purely down to a personal choice, if you are trying to keep levels down as I am pre diabetic and not on any medication, by personal choice, I opt not to have fruits although I love them tropical in particular, mango, paw paw, kiwi, other, I resist, not easy, but resist.

Hope this helps

Mallorca

Reactions: Altaf_7

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You really need to use a meter to see what you can and can't eat. I eat fruit which is 10 percent carbs or less, in moderation, but quite frequently, and when the apple trees in the garden are full of fruit I eat them - but the garden is organic and the apples are smaller than those sold in supermarkets.