Frustrated

nannoo

Trying to find an alternative to meat and egg protein for breakfast, I thought I'd try Special K Protein Plus with skimmed milk and Splenda this morning (this particular cereal is marketed as having 9 carbs per serving). Two hours later I checked my BS, and they were 19.0. Any idea why?

tubolard

Dislikes
Fasteddie; Richard K Bernstein; William S. Atkins; Rosemary Bloody Conley;
The only reference I could find for nutrition information about Kellogs Special K Lifestyle Protein Plus Cereal was here where it indicates the serving size is 29g with a carb content (including fibre) of 14g. I don't mean to insult your intelligence but was this the portion size you used?

The ingredients include wheat bran, rice, wheat gluten, whole grain wheat, sugar and high fructose corn syrup it could be that you are particularly sensitive to one of those.

Regards, Tubs.

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya ,
unfortunately it is just a matter of trial and error, what works for one may not work for another as although we all have diabetes our bodies are not the same, i tried everything and finally settled on oats so simple and rice crispies which hardly have any effect on me, its just a matter of trying and test test test till u find what works for you :D

Trinkwasser

I always check the carbs per 100g, often (and even more in the States) the portion sizes turn out to be microscopic to make the numbers appear better, like a can of drink which actually turns out to be *two* portions

The 9g carbs may have had the fibre deducted but that may not help, I have a specific bad reaction to wheat and even wheat *bran* spikes me

Probably the skimmed milk didn;t help either