Funny dreams/nightmares?

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've dreamt a couple of times that I got up in the morning and started eating my breakfast, only to realise I forgot to check my fasting blood glucose! :eek: In real life I have forgotten maybe twice, and I never remember until well after the food, so I don't know where this anxiety comes from.

This morning I dreamt that my lancet was hurting my fingers, yet not enough blood was coming out and I had to keep piercing my hands and arms... The alarm went off and I was happy to have the whole FBG checking experience go as smoothly and painlessly as always. :cool:

Any funny dreams you've had about your diabetes experience?

Reactions: 2 people

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello,

I posted a thread this morning in the Type 1 section. Pop over and look at that too. We reckon high blood sugars also cause us to dream more.

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/high-blood-sugar-and-nightmares.84718/

I dreamt last night that I was a star witness in a friends court case for a crime they didnt commit, but I couldnt get to court because my Libre sensor fell off and I couldnt check my blood sugar. So strange!!!

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Emmotha

Yes, that is funny/strange! :)

I don't think that my dreams are connected to high BG as I've had them for years, decades even. I used to take a medication in the 90s that had vivid dreams as a side effect, and although I'm no longer on it, I've kept the dream awareness. Well, the content as described here is connected to diabetes, obviously!

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Last night I dreamed I had a black tower PC with a story in it. Someone had cut the story to make it fit. I put the intro back on and then of course the story was too long and stuck out of the bottom of the PC. When I looked inside the casing there were two furry animals in there. I realised I had left the door of my black Renault 4 open and there were rabbit droppings everywhere. I tipped up the computer and a baby rabbit and a kitten fell out.
Well, you did ask.

Reactions: 6 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DeeyayR - I shall view my PC in a new light now - though I'm sure it only had dust bunnies inside it last time I checked - definitely no kittens!

I don't think I've had any anxiety dreams about my diabetes apart from one where I was working in a very old town and none of the shops sold anything suitable for a diabetic breakfast. But for years as an adult I used to have nightmares about being made to go back to school (which I hated) and made to stay there and sit exams, and these usually happened when I had something on my mind.

Robbity

Reactions: 4 people