Game to get to know each other

Andybyrne79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Tricky, very eclectic tastes. In all honesty I don't think I can name a favourite artist, if I like a song I like it. A number of artists I listen to regularly:

David Bowie, Green Day, Robbie Williams, Motorhead, Alfie Boe, Kaiser Chiefs...

PS4 / XBOX / PC?

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Chromebook or smartphone. Free Cell and Outspell are about as sophisticated as I get.

What is your favorite forbidden food?

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
3, one main meal and 2 light meals.

Carpeted or wooden/ tiled floors?

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hmm. Floors are probably easier to keep dusted, and wood floors look lovely with area rugs, but carpeted is quieter, and you still have to vacuum the area rugs. I prefer any upstairs neighbors to have carpet! But tile for kitchen and bathroom. And definitely carpeting on any stairs!

"Real" holiday and birthday greeting cards, or animated e-mailed ones?

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I have a very strong hatred of /for animated E-mailed birthday greeting cards. I dont bother to acknowledge them with a thank you note. I think its a step too far with purchased press button technology. If you cant be bothered to spend a few moments writing or e-mailing your own greeting please dont bother me with a synthetic version.....end of rant.

The book version of a story or via film {movie}

Last edited:
Reactions: SaskiaKC

Andybyrne79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
No contest. The Lord of the Rings trilogy. The most amazing feat of filmmaking of an epic story I think we will ever witness. The cast, the effects which were groundbreaking for the early 2000s,everything about it was fantastic. The only one nit pick I have ever had was the omission of Tom Bombadil. But aside from that, just simply the greatest non-musical films ever made for me.

Edit - having re-read the question, I think I misunderstood. I think it comes down to individual cases. I much prefer Dan Brown's Robert Langdon books to the films, although Tom Hanks is one of my favourite actors. I can watch the LOTR trilogy over and over again, yet I couldn't read the books over and over, yet I love them.

Similar vein, favourite musical, stage or screen. If both, which version do you prefer and why?

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I missed Tom Bombadil too, and the wonderful "guy" songs that I love in the books. They are so much a part of the story, to leave them out was evidence to me of the youth of the filmmakers and their ignorance of so much of how Tolkien and his contemporaries lived.

ETA: IMO the thing is not to change the stories to appeal to contemporary audiences but to teach the contemporary audiences how to appreciate the stories.

So, to return to your question, I wish I could see more musicals on stage. We did several in high school and I loved every minute of the experiences. But being more used to movies, I prefer the acting done in them to the acting onstage of even Broadway casts.

What sort of movie would you prefer to see on a first date with someone you don't know very well?

Reactions: Andybyrne79

Rosiegough_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Evil beings. Destroying our beautiful Planet X
Real cards
Walks in the woods or beach walks?

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
"Beans" - the human kind. Can't live with a few of them, can't live without a many of them.

Hot soak or power shower?

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hot soak -with lots of soapy bubbles and, if time allows, an aromatic candle in the room. Great for soothing aching muscles and thinking time away from the hustle and bustle.:joyful:
Travel by boat or plane?

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Travel by plane ie get their already, and get on with whatever you intend to do.

Butter or EVOO ie extra virgin olive oil

Rosiegough_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not a great reader but I listen to audiobooks, my absolute favourites are Agatha Christie,Miss read and Margaret Dickinson. Perfect for easy listening
My question is ......what is your favourite charity shop buy at this moment?

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Last buy was Christmas cards. I always try and buy my cards from charity shops to support their causes.

Putting aside diabetes what would your preferred snack be ---sweet of savory?

Rosiegough_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Defo savoury......sausage rolls, Cornish pastie, steak and kidney pudding etc etc
I do loads of different crafting and I also secretly love jigsaws (especially older ones), what’s your favourite secret past time?