Gardening problem Help required.

paganlass

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
nhs. religion for the sake of it.
hi sandy, i understand what you are saying about cats fighting ect and i wouldnt like it if another cat was ruining my garden either. my cats do often fight with my neighbours cat, but thats how cats are, its somthing that most cat owners have to put up with. but you know that you cannot tar all cats with the same brush, its like saying all dogs and all breeds of dogs are vicious! i have owned many breeds of dogs including german sheperds and dobermanns and non of them were vicious. and i know thirsty that some cats do wail and some cats scratch and bite but the biters have usually been abused and the wailers have not been nutured i always have my animals nutured or spayed its (as im sure you know) good ownership rules. and im sure you probably dont leave your dogs out all day to bark ! its all down to the owners!!
cats are lovely independant beings and dogs are lovely dependant beings!
its each to there own at the end of the day, dont you think :)
p.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Cats.
Nice furry, cuddly things when Kittens.
Unfortunately, they grow up. Bit like kids really !! :lol:

sandymaynard

Hi Paganlass,
I usually keep my cat inside she has never been out really, i can leave doors windows etc, she likes to know where i am. It was when she was a kitten that she got attacked since then she never goes out!
What I am trying to say is that this neighbours cat smells like him! He works on a pig farm, he comes home smelling something awful and his cat has picked his smell up!
I have tried by putting some cat biscuits by the dirt tried to get the cat to go there! I don't mind at all! Just get a little peeved when it comes in rips my seedlings up and then poo's on my step or on my path!
With me going blind having cat poo everywhere i am not going to be able to see it! This will result in me getting more than i bargain for!
If we all liked the same animals or liked the same things, Then life would be boring! MY cat does not scratch she never has, she never bites either! She prefers to lie on the sofa arm and keep a eye on me!
She has been done, I think that is best then no kittens! She is now 9 years old! Bless her she is a fur ball, she is a persian! A smokey grey one! She is a lovable cat!
Sandy

Thirsty

Want a good pet? Get a parrot! They are expensive and do need a lot of attention but it's worth every penny and minute. Wonderfully entertaining, cheap to feed, surprisingly affectionate and will normally live longer than you do.

Cats and dogs? Naah.

Attachments

• jasper1.jpg
    jasper1.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 479

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Wonderfully entertaining, cheap to feed, surprisingly affectionate and will normally live longer than you do.

Funny. I used to think that was my wife. :? :D

paganlass

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
nhs. religion for the sake of it.
hi sandy and thirsty, i can understand how awful it must be for you sandy living next door to that man and his cat (that smells) it is an awful nuisance cat poo, im lucky that my cats are clean and they keep other cats out of my garden.sometimes you can also get feral cats that poo anywhere and you may also have one of them hanging around, and domestic cats can learn bad habits from them. if anyone wants to deter cats from there garden a good tip is to plant lemon balm! its smells of lemons and cats do not like citrusy things it does them no harm and it grows well is inexpensive and it looks great in borders and an added bonus is that slugs and greenfly hate it too!! and when the sun shines or you brush against it it smells lovely and you only ever have to plant it once because it comes back year after year! :D
i agree with you thirsty that parrots are lovely pets very entertaining and very intelligent,but more work than i can give,from the pic he or she looks gorgeous and i can understand you not wanting cats in your garden especially if your parrots out there enjoying the sun with you. but please dont condem them all there are some lovey cats out there! :D honest!! :lol:
p.x

vivkaroo

Dislikes
Grumpy people, being bored, Bad weather. smoking
hi everyone there is a plant called scardy cat cost around 1.50 dont know if it works but worth a try suppose i cant get rid of the blighter that comes in my garden hate m luv vivkaroo :evil:

graham64

Dislikes
Ironing, cooking, shopping. Pessimists, people with sense of humour bypass. Speed cameras Traffic wardens, Nanny state and Hypocrites
Watch what your saying about cats, some extremely dangerous specimens about :twisted:

Attachments

• sniper.gif
    sniper.gif
    17.2 KB · Views: 510

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
My own cats keep others out of the garden. Our ginger Tom chases all invading cats away even faster than the dogs do. I do need to protect the birds from him though.
Also I garden mostly in pots , which means they have very few places to dig.