Garlic?

Pura Vida

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
interesting I have used garlic for years
freeze them first and put them in the airfriar at low heat ( eliminates garlic breath)

Garlic consumption may also reduce the incidence of heart disease, a condition that affects approximately 80 percent of people with diabetes. A 2006 study found that raw garlic might help reduce blood sugar levels, as well as reduce the risk of atherosclerosis.

AndyBusby

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sugar
Processed foods
Chemicals
Pollution
Big pharma
People that bribe politicians into becoming self serving short sighted capitalist twats
Garlic is one of a number of herbs and spices that improve our condition and or immune systems for all, not just diabetics, fresh ginger is great too to add flavour and is an anti-inflammatory

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
interesting I have used garlic for years
freeze them first and put them in the airfriar at low heat ( eliminates garlic breath)

Garlic consumption may also reduce the incidence of heart disease, a condition that affects approximately 80 percent of people with diabetes. A 2006 study found that raw garlic might help reduce blood sugar levels, as well as reduce the risk of atherosclerosis.
Do you have a link to the study, please, @Pura Vida ?

• Agree
Reactions: Antje77

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I really do not like garlic.
Someone asked me to dinner and promised steak. When they mentioned buying garlic I said 'not for me' but was ignored. I took one incautious mouthful and almost choked, but could not spit it out. Having swallowed it in a few minutes tears were rolling down my cheeks and my nose was running. He didn't make a good impression.
I use all sorts of herbs and spices, also leek and onion, but never, ever garlic.

• Funny
Reactions: Paul41 and filly

filly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.
I really do not like garlic.
Someone asked me to dinner and promised steak. When they mentioned buying garlic I said 'not for me' but was ignored. I took one incautious mouthful and almost choked, but could not spit it out. Having swallowed it in a few minutes tears were rolling down my cheeks and my nose was running. He didn't make a good impression.
I use all sorts of herbs and spices, also leek and onion, but never, ever garlic.
I love Garlic but Chilli has the same affect on me as Garlic has on you.

Reactions: Paul41

Omar51

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Garlic is one of a number of herbs and spices that improve our condition and or immune systems for all, not just diabetics, fresh ginger is great too to add flavour and is an anti-inflammatory

I blend fresh garlic and ginger in paste , and make vegetables and some meat dishes every day!

Reactions: Pura Vida