Garlic?

Pura Vida

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
interesting I have used garlic for years
freeze them first and put them in the airfriar at low heat ( eliminates garlic breath)

Garlic consumption may also reduce the incidence of heart disease, a condition that affects approximately 80 percent of people with diabetes. A 2006 study found that raw garlic might help reduce blood sugar levels, as well as reduce the risk of atherosclerosis.

AndyBusby

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sugar
Processed foods
Chemicals
Pollution
Big pharma
People that bribe politicians into becoming self serving short sighted capitalist twats
Garlic is one of a number of herbs and spices that improve our condition and or immune systems for all, not just diabetics, fresh ginger is great too to add flavour and is an anti-inflammatory

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
interesting I have used garlic for years
freeze them first and put them in the airfriar at low heat ( eliminates garlic breath)

Garlic consumption may also reduce the incidence of heart disease, a condition that affects approximately 80 percent of people with diabetes. A 2006 study found that raw garlic might help reduce blood sugar levels, as well as reduce the risk of atherosclerosis.
Do you have a link to the study, please, @Pura Vida ?

• Agree
Reactions: Antje77

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I really do not like garlic.
Someone asked me to dinner and promised steak. When they mentioned buying garlic I said 'not for me' but was ignored. I took one incautious mouthful and almost choked, but could not spit it out. Having swallowed it in a few minutes tears were rolling down my cheeks and my nose was running. He didn't make a good impression.
I use all sorts of herbs and spices, also leek and onion, but never, ever garlic.

• Funny
Reactions: Paul41 and filly

filly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.
I really do not like garlic.
Someone asked me to dinner and promised steak. When they mentioned buying garlic I said 'not for me' but was ignored. I took one incautious mouthful and almost choked, but could not spit it out. Having swallowed it in a few minutes tears were rolling down my cheeks and my nose was running. He didn't make a good impression.
I use all sorts of herbs and spices, also leek and onion, but never, ever garlic.
I love Garlic but Chilli has the same affect on me as Garlic has on you.

Reactions: Paul41

Omar51

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Garlic is one of a number of herbs and spices that improve our condition and or immune systems for all, not just diabetics, fresh ginger is great too to add flavour and is an anti-inflammatory

I blend fresh garlic and ginger in paste , and make vegetables and some meat dishes every day!

Reactions: Pura Vida