Gender differences in the management of type 2 diet only?

Hotpepper20000

I’m trying to find the source of where I read this. I will add the link when I find it.
Women seem to be more sensitive to disruptions of their hormones because of environmental factors.

Reactions: lucylocket61

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Few men have the pressure to go on diets which is standard treatment for women - I was put on a diet by my doctor when I had a 24 inch waist and was very muscular from all the activities, sports and working in a factory during the summer months.
After 50 years of intermittent dieting I am far far too fat, and could not lift a young man off the floor even if I found one......
I estimate that I have been low carbing for about 40 of those 50 years, with the rest of the time low fat low calorie, high carb, which is what slowly turned me from someone very fit and strong into a diabetic pensioner. There has been some reversal - some noticeable improvements, but despite eating low carb all the time now my Hba1c is still just at the top of normal and I wonder just what I have to do to reduce it, and how long would I survive doing it comes to mind too.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've managed without much effort to keep the weight off that I lost when I first started eating LCHF over 5 years ago. I stopped actually bothering about my weight when I got my glucose levels under control, and I feel in need of my still very much extra layer of fatty insulation as husband apparently now believes we should exist in refrigerated wind tunnel conditions and I live in fear of hypothermia...

I believe I was actually quite underweight for most of my early life, and really only started gaining when I was reaching middle age (and its associated spread!) and menopause in my earylish 40s. And I've never had children.

I'm also under the misapprehension that I'm a thin person who just so happens to look rather fat...

Robbity