General observations

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well, the pink moon is nice to look at, it's not pink. I am not taying up to 3.15am to see it at it's best.

.There is a lovely lack of con trails in the sky.

Birdsong has subsided at night as they can be heard during daylight hours.

There is a gentle backgroung hum of traffic which is not intrusive.

Life is definitely calmer.

Reactions: Jon__MUFC

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
There is no traffic beyond the occasional distant tractor.
I can hear a small sparrows wings beating as it flies toward me from behind.
The sky the last couple of nights has had a super bright planet shining in it to a degree I have never before seen in in all my life and I'm in my late 60's.
I think it's Jupiter but never before like this .....

Reactions: xfieldok

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's Venus. It has been putting on a pretty good show recently.

Reactions: JTL
D

Deleted member 308541

The tradies are still driving along our street during the day working, the paramedics are still hitting the sirens going through the intersections / lights.

There are mostly light planes flying over an area I look at with Flight Radar 24, a few domestic flight s coming in to Bundaberg, a few cargo plane around. The RFDS are pretty busy as are the rescue choppers. Some international flights still coming into Brisbane.

I was at one of the shopping centres yesterday getting some money out, and it was pretty dead up the food court end with most of the shops shut.

francesk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
It's peaceful in the early mornings. Thanks to insomnia, I heard the birds tweeting a very tuneful morning chorus.

Reactions: xfieldok

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Seven weeks on furlough!
And I live on a main road, (always have)

First weeks,
No traffic, thought I was deaf!
No people walking past, forgetting my people skills in communication!
Nothing in shops, no fast food, no footie, no sport on tv, no good news, having to stay at home with the other half, no rest doing chores, no hols, no travel, no grandkids to play with.
Dawn chorus outside waking me up at 5am every morning!
And the government being totally inept!

The only good thing was I could actually breathe cos of no traffic pollution and the weather was decent.

Now! Too much traffic, too many people about, too much time on my hands, dawn chorus blocked by traffic noise, no work, no deliveries of food, having to queue, bored! Still no family around, still no footie, no sport, television shockingly bad, no good news, too many deaths!

And the government has really reached a new level of ineptitude with their latest lockdown rules!

I'm totally confused, I hate this time. Thank you for our NHS!