Getting some momentum

Hattonma

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
After a few months away from this site I am wanting to reconnect and get myself back on top of my control. Last year I made massive strides in reducing my overall control but once again I have let it slip.

At the moment I am back to a reactive rather then premptive way of controlling things. Hoping to engage in this site and update my progress.

I have been t1 for 32 years now and want to get to a steady state. So this is my first attempt to get back on it. I have a libre sensor left so will be starting that tonight to get my base understood again

Here goes

Sent from my SM-G930F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hey @Hattonma i've just plugged a libre sensor in today so perhaps you can give me a daily report on what your readings are like and I can do the same ? I have to admit my readings today are pretty bad... I went for a run this morning so managed to keep below 7 then afterwards i've sailed up to 10 and can't get back down below..:banghead:

It's always work in progress so don't be down on yourself, maybe buddy support will help you focus better ?

Reactions: Guzzler

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
After a few months away from this site I am wanting to reconnect and get myself back on top of my control. Last year I made massive strides in reducing my overall control but once again I have let it slip.

At the moment I am back to a reactive rather then premptive way of controlling things. Hoping to engage in this site and update my progress.

I have been t1 for 32 years now and want to get to a steady state. So this is my first attempt to get back on it. I have a libre sensor left so will be starting that tonight to get my base understood again

Here goes

goodluck hattonma you can do it x

Reactions: Hattonma

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Hattonma . Welcome back. Sounds like you have a plan and you realise that you need to stick with it.
Just one question. How do you perceive your diabetes?
Is it the enemy?
Is it your ally?
For me my diabetes is my strength, it's the reason I am the person I am. It's never the excuse not to.
It's all mind games with diabetes.
Good luck with your new regime and keep us posted on how it goes.

Reactions: Hattonma

Hattonma

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks For the replies everyone it certainly helps to give me that extra lift.

@therower I am not sure how to describe it really. I would just say it's who I am . I have had since I was 5 and I have never hated it. It has never stopped me doing anything. I just get frustrated at the moment and maybe it's age that if I stop thinking I lose my momentum. With a young new family I find it tough to maintain

@Juicyj right then I have my liver attached. I notice it expired in November but it is working fine so far. My morning reading was 14 followed by a lunch of 11. I slipped up this morning though because I only have a correction of 1 instead of 2

Let's see how it goes

Reactions: Juicyj

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @Hattonma thanks for the update - woke at 5.8 and am currently cruising at 11 as had soup for lunch and still on the rise looking at my libre I am just at the top of the hill so should start coming down soon, however got a long dental apt now so am expecting some stress so it will probably stay high, I'm in the chair for a few hours so I am happy with that if it does do that ;) !!

Shannon27

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Hattonma @Juicyj I'm getting my second sensor out tonight, let me know how you go on, I'm probably going to be high for a while but working at getting it down :) good luck guys!