GI Patch

wootters

Hi, I've received one of those spam emails advertising the GI Patch - they reckon it can stop sugar and carb cravings. I am really struggling at the moment and am seriously tempted to buy something like this to help me. Has anyone any experience of this patch or anything similar?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
No never used or even heard of a GI Patch, I wouldn't respond as its most likely a con and be wary of giving bank/credit details to organisations and companies who have contacted you in this way.

Nigel

C

catherinecherub

It has an unfortunate name and have just read about it here,

gipatch.co.uk/faq.html IMHO it is a load of rubbish. It is not a magic bullet as you still have to follow a GI diet. Many of us will testify that GI/GL and portion control works anyway.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
wootters said:
Hi, I've received one of those spam emails advertising the GI Patch - they reckon it can stop sugar and carb cravings. I am really struggling at the moment and am seriously tempted to buy something like this to help me. Has anyone any experience of this patch or anything similar?

Nope......never heard of it till just now. So without advertising it here is my impartial view.
Had a look at the 'blurb' ..........

What are the ingredients in the GI Patch?
Proprietary Formula:
•Fucus Vesiculosus Extract
•5-HTP
•Guarana
•Zinc Pyruvate
•Yerba Mate
•Flaxseed Oil
•Lecithin
•L-Carnitine
•Vanilla Aroma

How does the GI Patch work?
The ingredients in the GI Patch are absorbed onto the skin and are released at a steady, safe and regulated rate 24 hours a day. This eliminates any concern about taking too much or too little. The GI Patch does it all. Also, the GI Patch contains Vanilla scent which studies have shown helps reduce cravings for sugary foods.

It also says should be used in conjunction with a low fat, low calorie diet so that in itself should go a long way to losing weight without the 'aid' of any Patch ? However, if you are struggling you probably need to just reduce the carbs in your diet ? Have a look at the Basic information for newly diagnosed in Greetings and Introductions.....that should help reduce your Bg numbers and have the benefit of also helping with weight loss if you need to.

As Nigel says....these things are usually just designed to relieve you of your money.........not so much the weight.

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
You can get free samples at www dot gipatch dot co dot uk. I'd be wary, though. They'll probably sting you for a couple of quid for postage.

It comes with a diet and exercise plan (which you should have already as a diabetic), and I'd be wary of exactly HOW it works...

Don't forget about the placebo effect. The thing with placebos, is - for some people, they work amazingly well. For some people, they don't work at all.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi
I thought this post was about"our Patch" thought he had joined the American army, can`t say whether I am disappointed or not :lol:
CAROL

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
You'd love me in a GI uniform, Carol.

From my G.I head to the heels of my G.I shoes.

Uh huh huh...

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
please dont send photo :shock: