1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

GI Patch

Discussion in 'Weight Loss and Dieting' started by wootters, Nov 23, 2010.

1. wootters

wootters · Member

Hi, I've received one of those spam emails advertising the GI Patch - they reckon it can stop sugar and carb cravings. I am really struggling at the moment and am seriously tempted to buy something like this to help me. Has anyone any experience of this patch or anything similar?

2. noblehead

noblehead Type 1 · Guru
    Retired Moderator

No never used or even heard of a GI Patch, I wouldn't respond as its most likely a con and be wary of giving bank/credit details to organisations and companies who have contacted you in this way.

Nigel

3. catherinecherub

catherinecherub · Guest

It has an unfortunate name and have just read about it here,

gipatch.co.uk/faq.html IMHO it is a load of rubbish. It is not a magic bullet as you still have to follow a GI diet. Many of us will testify that GI/GL and portion control works anyway.

4. cugila

cugila · Master

Nope......never heard of it till just now. So without advertising it here is my impartial view.
    Had a look at the 'blurb' ..........

It also says should be used in conjunction with a low fat, low calorie diet so that in itself should go a long way to losing weight without the 'aid' of any Patch ? However, if you are struggling you probably need to just reduce the carbs in your diet ? Have a look at the Basic information for newly diagnosed in Greetings and Introductions.....that should help reduce your Bg numbers and have the benefit of also helping with weight loss if you need to.

As Nigel says....these things are usually just designed to relieve you of your money.........not so much the weight.

5. Patch

Patch Type 2 · Well-Known Member

You can get free samples at www dot gipatch dot co dot uk. I'd be wary, though. They'll probably sting you for a couple of quid for postage.

It comes with a diet and exercise plan (which you should have already as a diabetic), and I'd be wary of exactly HOW it works...

Don't forget about the placebo effect. The thing with placebos, is - for some people, they work amazingly well. For some people, they don't work at all.

6. carty

carty Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi
    I thought this post was about"our Patch" thought he had joined the American army, can`t say whether I am disappointed or not :lol:
    CAROL

7. Patch

Patch Type 2 · Well-Known Member

You'd love me in a GI uniform, Carol.

From my G.I head to the heels of my G.I shoes.

Uh huh huh...

8. carty

carty Type 2 · Well-Known Member

please dont send photo :shock:

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook