Given in to the carbs...

maxjoe121

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I've been on the LCHF for nearly a month now and have felt great.. blood sugars have been good and I've had such a busy busy day and stressful... my hubby asked if I wanted a Chinese I ummmed and arrrrghed and said go on then.. I had loads of rice and noodles so will see what's what in 2 hours eeeeeek

Energize

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't think I could have resisted either ;) I trust you enjoyed your meal ? ;)

PoppyPetal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been lchf for 12 weeks now and pretty much have stuck with it but my son took me out for a birthday dinner yesterday and had chosen Indian. I managed to just have 1 spoon of rice, some lamb korma, tandoori chicken and 1 onion bahje. I thought I was very restrained under the circumstances but the numbers 2hrs later were about 2.5 above so not brilliant but could have been a lot worse. I know white rice spikes me highly but I guess once in a while I can live with. Have been extra good today to compensate! Don't beat yourself up but carry on lchf tomorrow..

Reactions: 4 people

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Have been very strict low carb for 4 months now. 1 cheat, was in the city with a friend for a medical appointment and she wanted to go to THE POUTINERY. Hmmmmm A box of french fries with cheese, gravy, bacon, and pulled pork on it. That is about as bad as I think it can get lol, it was fabulous.:D The numbers the next day not so much. :( Oh well, back on the wagon and in the end not the end of the world ;)

maxjoe121

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well after all that my bloods were 7.8 2 hours after so not so bad i don't think

Reactions: 8 people

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
As long as it doesn't become a regular thing it's water under the bridge. If your hubby loves chinese then you can learn how to make it, just without the added sugar and msg. I made a very yummy stir fry last night with sauted garlic, ginger, and soy sauce for the sauce. Wilted bean sprouts instead of noodles for me, served mine and then added the noodles for my family. Was awesome and both low carb and low calorie. Get a good ethnic chinese cook book or troll the web. You would be surprised how much of that cuisine is meat and veggie based. Rice and noodles are just filler anyways. Just learn how to make your own sauces, commercial ones are loaded with sugar.

JenniferG

I went out to chinese buffet the other day.. had loads of various meat dishes and meat & veggie stir fries.. chose ones with sauce that wasn't very sweet. No noodles or anything starchy. Turned out really well. Good blood sugar 2 hours after.. and I am severely insulin resistant and carb intolerant.

Reactions: 2 people

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Have been very strict low carb for 4 months now. 1 cheat, was in the city with a friend for a medical appointment and she wanted to go to THE POUTINERY. Hmmmmm A box of french fries with cheese, gravy, bacon, and pulled pork on it. That is about as bad as I think it can get lol, it was fabulous.:D The numbers the next day not so much. :( Oh well, back on the wagon and in the end not the end of the world ;)
Next time try your poutine with sweet potato or yam fries instead of regular fries.

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Next time try your poutine with sweet potato or yam fries instead of regular fries.
Oh yuck lol. I don't think they have those anyways. The sign on the door says clogging arteries since 1984 or whatever year it says. No t was a one time thing anyways since my friend had never eaten there. But thank you for the suggestion:)

magsiesss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who drive with fog lights on when its only a bit of mist
As long as it doesn't become a regular thing it's water under the bridge. If your hubby loves chinese then you can learn how to make it

LOL ... or I would say that Hubby can learn how to make it .....

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We all have days like this we are human after all - but a little word of caution about post pradial numbers - lots of treat meals are high in fat and carbs so many have the "pizza effect" (google it it's actually a thing!) numbers will be great after 2 hours lulling us into a false sense of security but try testing at 3, 4 and even 5 hours after you may be unpleasantly surprised

The fat slows down the absorbion of carbs - you may go far higher than you realise and the higher numbers we get the next day are actually our numbers on the way down - sorry to be such a harbinger of doom

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
We all have our weak points, sometimes I give in too...it's normal. Our wants and likes food wise are based on memories and our former diets want to be back in our lives...it's all in the brain lol. ;):)

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I've been on the LCHF for nearly a month now and have felt great.. blood sugars have been good and I've had such a busy busy day and stressful... my hubby asked if I wanted a Chinese I ummmed and arrrrghed and said go on then.. I had loads of rice and noodles so will see what's what in 2 hours eeeeeek
Next time you could try crispy duck without the pancakes and sauce LCHF on a plate.

Concordjan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not very good on computers!
I've just spent 2 weeks touring China - Chinese for lunch and dinner every day! Previously been lchf for 8 weeks and had halved my meds. Just upped them a little for the holiday. Not ideal I know but had a great time and back on the wagon now.

FolkyRose1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
people looking down at me as if wondering why l am in a wheel chair (I am in a high risk of falling
THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH. I look at the forum nearly every day and it has made me stronger. I have been type2 for about 10 years. I was a useless patient. Just over a year ago we moved to Spain and not speaking Spanish I felt totally cut off and alone. My blood test showed a score of 376 (180 = 10) so that translates into about 21. I thought what is it doing to my heart and kidneys and every bit of me. I read several topics the one that kept cropping up was LCHF. It was so different to the diet sheet I was given when I first was diagnosed and the one I was given here in Spain . I thought all these people with diabetes can't be wrong. I said bye bye to cereals bread pasta rice and all the naughty stuff. I said hello to real food.after my 2nd day my sugars have been between 104 and203, still high but better than 376. Reading the forum has made me strong so once again ty to all you members