Giving up

brottonmoores

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
fed up fasting blood sugar 5.9 which is sort of okay would rather it be Lower breakfast of 1 rasher of bacon 1 egg and half a slice of toast, walked for an hour and a half came back took blood sugar reading as it was 2 hours after brekky 7.9
I give up did the same yesterday with very similar results
Conclusion eat what I want and sloth on the sofa all day sorted
Jan

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
fed up fasting blood sugar 5.9 which is sort of okay would rather it be Lower breakfast of 1 rasher of bacon 1 egg and half a slice of toast, walked for an hour and a half came back took blood sugar reading as it was 2 hours after brekky 7.9
Jan

Have you tried the same routine, but without the toast? Some people find specific foods, or groups of foods (quite commonly grains) cause a disproportionate reaction.

Reactions: 4 people

brottonmoores

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Will try that (use the toast as an egg mop)
Having a bit of a woe is me sort of day despite the lovely spring weather need to get over it as my situation is nowhere near as bad as other folk on site who always seem so cheerful
Jan

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Hang in there Jan, sometimes when I go for a walk it increases my BG.

Reactions: 6 people

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
Please don't be too hard on yourself, here are the NICE recommended sugar levels
Non-diabetic 4.0 to 5.9 mmol/L --- 2hr after meals under 7.8 mmol/L
Type 2 diabetes 4 to 7 mmol/L -----2hr after meals under 8.5 mmol/L
So give yourself a pat on the back, you are doing a great job :D

Reactions: 4 people

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Could be the toast or the walk or both. Experiment a bit.

Croc

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sea filth!
Giving up?

I'd be well happy with those figures.

Reactions: 10 people

brottonmoores

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for your advice my bs levels usually range between 5 and 8 which I am usually ok with but when they aren't what I think they should be which is probably who many folk are told not to test so I decided to have a non diabetic day and back on the road tomorrow
I'll cut out the toast for brekkie and still walk the try it the other way round the next day.
Thanks for listening
Love to everyone
Jan
Nut head (that doesn't seem polite) do you find your feet are better with amitrptiline? I've been on 75 to 150mg for a chronic back condition but still found before my bs was under control my feet were really bad as in contemplated slicing them off with a pair of scissors
Jan

Reactions: 2 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Good for you Jan, that's the spirit :)

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just wanted to add that you could have 2 bacons and 2 eggs without the toast, would be more filling ;)

Reactions: 6 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I would go with @rowan suggestion and see how levels are without the toast.... bread does for me... sob sob...

bluejeans98

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can I just ask how long after your get back from your walk do you leave it before testing. You should wait at least 20 to 30 mins as you will have BG levels slightly raised as your body is producing glucose to feed your muscles.

borderter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes! Celebrities and curry
Can I just ask how long after your get back from your walk do you leave it before testing. You should wait at least 20 to 30 mins as you will have BG levels slightly raised as your body is producing glucose to feed your muscles.
Didnt think of that Bluejeans ,this happens to me and i end up frustrated so nice to see a reason for it

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn

Sorry, but it does not apply to everyone. My BS drop enormously after exercise so one size does NOT fit all. I've gone from low 6s to high 4s with 20 minutes walking and it works every time. EVERY time. Proved it so many times it's ridiculous

Vivienne_2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you tried the same routine, but without the toast? Some people find specific foods, or groups of foods (quite commonly grains) cause a disproportionate reaction.
Hi.

I have the same before meals about 5-6 after meals roughly two hrs it has increased to about 7.5. I do have a dog that loves to walk I walk about 3miles each day, on a night time it is about 6.5 so not sure if that is good or not, i have my review next week so hopefully my next IB A1C level-1FCC will be good. Not sure how they get the results. I will let you know how I get on.

nigelho

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Jan
I'm type 1 and nothing wrong with those BSs especially the 5.9 on waking up. Your 7.9mmols is only 2mmols higher than when you woke up and that's after a meal and walking etc.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry, but it does not apply to everyone. My BS drop enormously after exercise so one size does NOT fit all. I've gone from low 6s to high 4s with 20 minutes walking and it works every time. EVERY time. Proved it so many times it's ridiculous
I am the same Mike, even a 20 minute walk can drop me two or three points, a few weeks ago I went for a walk round our village about an hour after my dinner and didn't take a small snack with me, coming up the path on the way home I started to weave about and feel a bit dizzy and sweaty, got inside and checked my bs, 2.6! Probably was about 4.8 ish before I set off 15 minutes earlier.