Gliclazide

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm 41 and was diagnosed with type 2 almost 6 years ago.

I've been on x3 metformin for the whole of that time.
I was on Trulicity for about 2 years but had constant side effects that were forever changing until the last side effects it manifested were concerning and I took the decision to stop myself.

After informing GP I was switched over to Gliclazide, 1 tablet a day.
No issues but about 3 weeks ago I was put upto 2 tablets a day.
For the past few days I've had on off pains in my middle section (above belly button) and I was wondering where those of you who've had issues with Gliclazide have had pains/symptoms

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I'm 41 and was diagnosed with type 2 almost 6 years ago.

I've been on x3 metformin for the whole of that time.
I was on Trulicity for about 2 years but had constant side effects that were forever changing until the last side effects it manifested were concerning and I took the decision to stop myself.

After informing GP I was switched over to Gliclazide, 1 tablet a day.
No issues but about 3 weeks ago I was put upto 2 tablets a day.
For the past few days I've had on off pains in my middle section (above belly button) and I was wondering where those of you who've had issues with Gliclazide have had pains/symptoms
Hi and welcome to the forum.
We cannot diagnose you for your symptoms, but my experiences have given me an insight into side effects from the drugs similar to Gliczide and the Metformin. Metformin has side effects around the stomach area for many on it. Are you on the slow digesting type?
I would talk to your doctor, about the side effects.
Have you tried dietary changes to control your diabetes. Have a look at our low carb forum or dietdoctor.com.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The only side effect I have had from gliclazide is low sugar levels I have found it to be very tame. If your pain is behind your bottom rib on the right side, then it coud be pancreatitis which many diabetic meds seem to trigger, or it could be gall bladder. Both of these cause pains that are very sharp pain not a dull ache or discomfort. Contact your GP if it persists.