1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Glucophage Sr

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by Elaine T2, Sep 10, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Elaine T2

Elaine T2 Type 2 · Member

Hi
    I have been trying to follow a low carb high fat diet but I havent been strict enough and have seen a rise in my BS levels . As a consequence I have thought it best to resume taking Glucophage SR 1000 mg x 2 daily. The result have been cravings and significant weight increase.Has any one experienced anything similar?

2. Guzzler

Guzzler Type 2 · Master

I think it is more likely that it is the carbs addiction causing the cravings and the weight gain rather than the tablets.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Daibell

Daibell LADA · Master

It's highly unlikely to be the Glucophage SR

4. Alexandra100

Alexandra100 Prefer not to say · Well-Known Member

I am taking exactly the same as you, but I'm too thin and have to struggle to keep my weight from going down further.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook