glucose buddy app

whompa73

Dislikes
Chavs
Any one else tryed thia app ? I have started using it and it seemes quite good especially as I can input previous test results and add notes to every reading . It also seems more aimed at all diabetes types as apposed to most apps thatt then to be aimed at insulin using diabetics. Being type 2 on oral meds it is great for what I want . But if you think that another app may be better or worth a try pls let me know what it is and why it would be better or even what extra uses it has . Ps bought carbs and cals app . It was realy poor and I wish I had not total wast of money

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I use it, but it does have some deficiencies, such as no calculation of averages over time - I use it because it is part of a suite of apps from the same supplier that does fitness buddy and they work together

I also use the free app for the BGstar meter (even though i dont use their meter). Does calculate averages and gives a lot of statistical info such as averages by time of day, etc. Again still deficient as graphing is very poor.

Depends what you want it to do really.

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
I used to use it and it's not too bad but I found it so time consuming in the end. Constantly logging in and updating readings an exercise etc. Then I would forget to log a few and spend even more time correcting things. Also, I never even used any of the data to be honest. It may suit some but I just deleted it after a while. It never made a difference to my diabetes management, it was simply recording numbers. Good luck though and hope you find it more useful. After all, it's free !
Mo

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

whompa73

Dislikes
Chavs
Would be more usefull if it gave 7, 14, 21, 30 60, 90 day averages instead of none. And also told numericly the pionts on graph. Oh and of course a way to import and export daty between devices. But after haveng just put the las 20 days of onfo In I guess I will have to stick with it for the moment. Here's a picture of my charts. I think i'm doing quite well considering I was only diagnosed 8th aug 2013 and bgs where frpm mid teens to mid 20s poss even higher . Hba1c 102 .

Attachments

• 1380164504856.jpg
    1380164504856.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 495
  • 1380164636812.jpg
    1380164636812.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 519

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
whompa73 said:
Would be more usefull if it gave 7, 14, 21, 30 60, 90 day averages instead of none. And also told numericly the pionts on graph. Oh and of course a way to import and export daty between devices. But after haveng just put the las 20 days of onfo In I guess I will have to stick with it for the moment. Here's a picture of my charts. I think i'm doing quite well considering I was only diagnosed 8th aug 2013 and bgs where frpm mid teens to mid 20s poss even higher . Hba1c 102 .

The averages are important to me too, thats why I use the bgstar app as well, it gives you a lot of useful stats - i like to know if Im trending up or down and adjust my carb intake to try and keep it steady as possible, I dont mind putting the info in twice.

Gary Scheiner in his book "think like a pancreas" recommends that people keep a log as it helps with mindfulness, and says that people who keep logs generally exercise better control, something I can agree with.

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Possibly, but only if you act upon the info. For me, mobthly averages are pointless. Say my avg for Aug was 8, this could mean 15 days at 4 and 16 days at 12 !! Or any combination. I still think the app is pretty good, just not for me. If I start to see poor readings, I will try to adjust and find out why as I go, not look back at historical graphs.

whompa73

Dislikes
Chavs
I must admit I do like the graph as it visually signposts where you have had a blip. There is also the logs that you put in and you can add notes to them which can help id you arentyring somthing diffrent eirher food orbmed it also means that when you have a sneaky treat you can put why your bgs may be higher or even lower than normal eg red wine takes me down nicely.

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
mo1905 said:
Possibly, but only if you act upon the info. For me, mobthly averages are pointless. Say my avg for Aug was 8, this could mean 15 days at 4 and 16 days at 12 !! Or any combination. I still think the app is pretty good, just not for me. If I start to see poor readings, I will try to adjust and find out why as I go, not look back at historical graphs.

I like to compare the 7, 14 and 30 day averages as doing this tells me if I am trending up or down which can easily pass unnoticed if you are only looking for blips.