PIPPO_PIPPI

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
PART 2: SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE
Feel free to share any ideas or experience you had that you think can be solved in a redesign.Try to think about the user experience of the process, here are a few example areas you can look into:
  1. Do you feel clumsy carrying all these devices?
  2. Do you carry AAA batteries around becasue your glucosemeter run out of batteries sometimes?
  3. Are the buttons on your glucose meter confusing to use?
1- sometimes...
2- Always.
3- Yes, too close each other

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Completed your questionnaire. The Question about how often you test was difficult to complete as I test 4 times a day. First thing in the morning, before lunch and tea and finally at bedtime. As I drive I also have to test every 2 hours DVLA guidance.

My meter is easy to use but is clumsy to carry around. I do carry spare batteries

D

Deleted member 308541

1- sometimes...
2- Always.
3- Yes, too close each other
Completed your questionnaire. The Question about how often you test was difficult to complete as I test 4 times a day. First thing in the morning, before lunch and tea and finally at bedtime. As I drive I also have to test every 2 hours DVLA guidance.

My meter is easy to use but is clumsy to carry around. I do carry spare batteries
The OP @Dousan Miao has only made the one post in this thread nearly six months ago, so I do not think he has any interest in his / her "survey / questionnaire".

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
He was last seen 23 weeks and three days ago, just one day after his original post. I think we’ve wasted our time commenting :banghead:
The OP @Dousan Miao has only made the one post in this thread nearly six months ago, so I do not think he has any interest in his / her "survey / questionnaire".

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
@Dousan Miao isnt Brunel university a university in London? If so, why are you talking about FDA regulations,

Yes, it's in Uxbridge and that's the first thing that struck me.

Having the luxury of a FreeStyle LIbre has made a profound difference to my BG control. In some ways it's like wearing an electronic tag that a person might wear as the result of a court or prison order, it keeps an eye on me and I know almost immediately if I shouldn't have eaten something and certainly forces me not to cheat. Constant monitoring must be the way to go and to make it non invasive will I should imagine change the underlying technology.

It's only my opinion but surely what we want is constant monitoring, non invasive, low cost especially ongoing costs.

Last edited:

Mick1959

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@DavidGrahamJones - I use the Freestyle liber too, and your comments about wearing it like a 'person might wear as the result of a court or prison order,' made me laugh.

I now have to be careful next time I visit the clinic, as the nurse may state 'You do not have to say anything, but it may harm your defence if you do not mention when questioned something which you later rely on in clinic. Anything you do say may be given in evidence'

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So does my Accu Chek Mobile - one to make it work and 2 direction arrows. Not rocket science.
LIkewise my Contour Next (which does more or less everything I want) and I think I was able to get the basic idea without looking in the manual... It also warns me when its nice thin CR2032 battery is getting low, so if necessary there's plenty of room in my case to incude a spare when I get a warning.

I also have another meter which is rechargeable, but I wouldn't want to carry a charger & cable around with me - but again I can take action in good time if its getting low!

Robbity

Reactions: Bluetit1802