GOOD AFTERNOON/EVENING.

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Liam1955 that doesn't sound good, hopefully the tablets will help. Do you have to stay away from certain foods too?

Reactions: Liam1955

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@Liam1955 that doesn't sound good, hopefully the tablets will help. Do you have to stay away from certain foods too?

Yes, have to avoid eating: Spicy Foods, Curries, Chillies not that I eat any of these. Alcohol has to be avoided, again not that I am a drinker (the odd Red Wine) and avoid fizzy/carbonated drinks - again don't drink that stuff.
To follow a "bland diet" = loads of Veggies, low fat yoghurt etc which is what I have been eating anyway.
The Ranitidine tablets can cause Abdominal spasms and 'loose bowel movements' and guess what?......:wideyed: I can confirm this!!!!

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Liam1955 a bland diet would kill me, not that I eat very spicy foods but I do like variety.
I hope your stomach settles down soon.

D

debrasue

Yes, have to avoid eating: Spicy Foods, Curries, Chillies not that I eat any of these. Alcohol has to be avoided, again not that I am a drinker (the odd Red Wine) and avoid fizzy/carbonated drinks - again don't drink that stuff.
To follow a "bland diet" = loads of Veggies, low fat yoghurt etc which is what I have been eating anyway.
The Ranitidine tablets can cause Abdominal spasms and 'loose bowel movements' and guess what?......:wideyed: I can confirm this!!!!
Hi, William
I have taken ranitidine for quite a few years, to protect my stomach from the ill effects of other meds, but I only take one a day and I don't seem to get any side effects from it at all. Sorry to hear you're poorly and I hope you get better soon. Hugs x

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Evening everyone, just thought I'd update you on Ron's appointment this afternoon. The Dr has put him on Sertraline as she thinks he's suffering from depression and or anxiety. She and her colleagues have looked at his mri scan and there's no sign of dementia but the scan is over a year old . She asked Ron how he felt and how his mental state was , he replied he didn't know . He didn't say much the whole time we were there . She's going to ring me in about 6 weeks time to see how he's getting on . Then take it from there . I explained to her that he's so different at home .

Reactions: Ixarix

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening everyone, just thought I'd update you on Ron's appointment this afternoon. The Dr has put him on Sertraline as she thinks he's suffering from depression and or anxiety. She and her colleagues have looked at his mri scan and there's no sign of dementia but the scan is over a year old . She asked Ron how he felt and how his mental state was , he replied he didn't know . He didn't say much the whole time we were there . She's going to ring me in about 6 weeks time to see how he's getting on . Then take it from there . I explained to her that he's so different at home .
I hope the medication helps Tina Marie

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all

Just watching Bake Off
Had a busy day at work but quite a good day

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Mr ickihun is a chatterbox at home but at his worst he slept and wouldnt go anywhere without someone very familiar. Tablets have helped with sleeping all the time but still won't go out like he used to. Trying to encourage more but god it's a job I just cannot do by myself. He needs more help but doesn't want strangers around him. One new neighbour has took offense at his court manner and he ended up nearly dead through 2 men ganging up on him. He was with his southern best friend who is a peaceful person too. I had kids so I couldnt babysit mr ickihun. He ended up with a head injury and hospital.
Neither wonder he doesn't trust strangers.
He only feels safe with me or familiar friends :( I'm having a very restricted life with him. If I could runaway and join the circus I would but my back is broke and now numb toe and side of foot, even the circus wouldnt want me. Ha ha
We help each other, I guess!
Ron will get more ironed out, I'm sure of it! We need happy Ron back. We miss him.

Reactions: tina_marie

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Mr ickihun is a chatterbox at home but at his worst he slept and wouldnt go anywhere without someone very familiar. Tablets have helped with sleeping all the time but still won't go out like he used to. Trying to encourage more but god it's a job I just cannot do by myself. He needs more help but doesn't want strangers around him. One new neighbour has took offense at his court manner and he ended up nearly dead through 2 men ganging up on him. He was with his southern best friend who is a peaceful person too. I had kids so I couldnt babysit mr ickihun. He ended up with a head injury and hospital.
Neither wonder he doesn't trust strangers.
He only feels safe with me or familiar friends :( I'm having a very restricted life with him. If I could runaway and join the circus I would but my back is broke and now numb toe and side of foot, even the circus wouldnt want me. Ha ha
We help each other, I guess!
Ron will get more ironed out, I'm sure of it! We need happy Ron back. We miss him.
He's missing work , and fed up cause he's not getting answers as to why he's ended up like he is . He doesn't post on here mainly cause he's got nothing good or worth posting . That now is left down to me. I hope one day things will pick up and we get a surprise posting from him.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
He's missing work , and fed up case he's not getting answers as to why he's ended up like he is . He doesn't post on here mainly cause he's got nothing good or worth posting . That now is left down to me. I hope one day things will pick up and we get a surprise posting from him.
It does seem strange that these health problems seemed to have attacked his body. An immue attack?
His heart problem has exaggerated due to stress of it all, most likely?
His nervous system, the most?
I know he was tested for MS and thankfully he was clear.
Maybe other posters have seen or heard of something similiar?

I still get chest pains but just not as often. Stress can do that to me. Shock has damaged my nervous system, for sure.

The shock of diabetes and its effects on a newly diagnosed very active person can really shake you to the bone. We all react differently.
I remember first being diagnosed as a few months of being in a haze. Wham! Then it hit me..... depression followed. Luckily mr ickihun broke my heavy long fall, bless him.
I've muddled through ever since.
This forum helps.... a lot. Poor mr ickihun being asked about diabetes and his opinion on something he hasnt a clue on. He is my oracle, normally.
Things do change but we change to adapt. We have to.

Send my best wishes to Ron and thankyou for being such a brilliant wife to him.
You are my dear friends...... because of this wonderful forum. Take care. ♡♥♡

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
It does seem strange that these health problems seemed to have attacked his body. An immue attack?
His heart problem has exaggerated due to stress of it all, most likely?
His nervous system, the most?
I know he was tested for MS and thankfully he was clear.
Maybe other posters have seen or heard of something similiar?

I still get chest pains but just not as often. Stress can do that to me. Shock has damaged my nervous system, for sure.

The shock of diabetes and its effects on a newly diagnosed very active person can really shake you to the bone. We all react differently.
I remember first being diagnosed as a few months of being in a haze. Wham! Then it hit me..... depression followed. Luckily mr ickihun broke my heavy long fall, bless him.
I've muddled through ever since.
This forum helps.... a lot. Poor mr ickihun being asked about diabetes and his opinion on something he hasnt a clue on. He is my oracle, normally.
Things do change but we change to adapt. We have to.

Send my best wishes to Ron and thankyou for being such a brilliant wife to him.
You are my dear friends...... because of this wonderful forum. Take care. ♡
His body is certainly attacking one thing after another. Just waiting for the next one . He's had his blood test for diabetes review next week . Still not heard anything back from hospital yet about his heart , but hospital has just rung with a dermatology appointment for tomorrow. For some reason they asked for me this is not the first time this has happened. Maybe it has finally sunk in that Ron is struggling and they need to talk to me . If there are any of you who are going through similar to Ron then get in touch . He was shocked when diagnosed ,big wake up call. Although I did tell him some years earlier as diabetes is in my family and I was aware of the signs. I lost my nan to heart disease , it went undiagnosed.

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had my diabetes review with the DN today, HbA1c is down to 47, it was 111 when I was diagnosed in March so really happy about that :joyful: Cholesterol up so back on the Lipitor :(. Weight still going down, now lost 12kg in 12 months :happy:. We spoke about low carb diet, she said she is quite happy with whatever works and as it seems to be working for me then carry on :). Anyhoo, I can drop 3 month reviews to 6 month :D

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Just updating you all, yesterday Ron had his dermatology appointment where they took a skin biopsy , he's got a couple of stitches in which will be taken out in 12 days time if we can get it to stop bleeding . Also yesterday Ron had his hba1c results which has gone up but I was expecting that . He will be seeing the nurse next Tuesday .

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@tina_marie Sorry to hear about Ron's bleeding & results. Hope the bleeding stops soon.
When I had blood taken for HbA1c last week it didn't stop bleeding for ages and left a big bruise :(

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
@tina_marie Sorry to hear about Ron's bleeding & results. Hope the bleeding stops soon.
When I had blood taken for HbA1c last week it didn't stop bleeding for ages and left a big bruise :(
I had to laugh because when he had his hba1c they couldn't get the blood out , the nurse was wiggling the needle in his arm thought at one point she was going to give up and try the other arm. Eventually it came out , yesterday however he ended up with 3 clean dressings on before we left hospital. We joked about the blood thinners he takes , it must only work in certain parts of his body .

Reactions: heh

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
14/10/17 - Received in the post today results of the Duodenal Biopsies taken 2 weeks ago. There is no H.Pylori Bacteria present.
And 'no reason' as to why I have inflammation of my Duodenum, just to continue taking the Ranitidine Tablets twice daily.

D

debrasue

Had my diabetes review with the DN today, HbA1c is down to 47, it was 111 when I was diagnosed in March so really happy about that :joyful: Cholesterol up so back on the Lipitor :(. Weight still going down, now lost 12kg in 12 months :happy:. We spoke about low carb diet, she said she is quite happy with whatever works and as it seems to be working for me then carry on :). Anyhoo, I can drop 3 month reviews to 6 month :D
Well done, @heh !