GOOD AFTERNOON/EVENING.

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good afternoon from a bright and sunny Cumbria

Over on the costa del solway it is baking with many a folk cooling off in the sea to escape the heat of the day

The fells look pretty as the snow on the tops is glistening in the sun

Have a lovely weekend friends
@Cumberland. Same to you Cumberland have a great weekend X. Raining here

Reactions: Liam1955

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Quick visit to the Hospital Dermatology Nurse and had my Bloods done, Urine checked, Height, Weight and Blood Pressure done. Now just waiting to hear from the Drug Company as to when I can start on the Biological Drug - Stelara which I took 5 years ago and had brilliant results. But, it got stopped due to having had 5 courses of Antibiotics in a period of 8 months due to repeated Chest Infections.

Reactions: debrasue

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Quick visit to the Hospital Dermatology Nurse and had my Bloods done, Urine checked, Height, Weight and Blood Pressure done. Now just waiting to hear from the Drug Company as to when I can start on the Biological Drug - Stelara which I took 5 years ago and had brilliant results. But, it got stopped due to having had 5 courses of Antibiotics in a period of 8 months due to repeated Chest Infections.

Hope the meds do the trick for you

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Hope you get word quickly William. How is your pain since meds were stopped?

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Just want to say Welcome Home @13lizanne - Have missed you Anna :happy:
Weather turning colder by the day, which brings out more aches and pains - but, holding off with pain killers because I am thinking about my Liver and not "poisoning it" with drugs. :) William x

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Can't be easy William, your system will be upset with the withdrawal of your painkillers etc. and you've been trying to lose weight too- ouch! Not easy my friend, take care x @Liam1955

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Good afternoon friends

Sunny here in Cumbria

Hope you are having a decent Sunday

Hugs to the poorly folk x

Reactions: maureen5752

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Trying to get my big toes warm!!! got them wrapped in a lovely blanket but they are still cold! :(

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good Evening Folks :)
Just got in and R has put the meal in the Oven. It took me 1hour 10minutes to have: wash my hair (what's left of it), have a shave, have a Strip Wash and get changed = everything is 'double the time's.
Presented myself at my GP Surgery and was given an Emergency Appointment for 3pm at 1 of the other (6 in all) practise surgeries. Every god dam bump etc in the road had me in pain. So, saw a lady Doctor who is usually 1 of the 3 GP's at the Surgery I frequently use. I have got liquid Morphine 5 -10mls every 4 hours. Still continue with the Pregabalin and stop taking the Tramadol. And got appointment to see my own (male) GP on Thursday. Now some of you "special" forum members will receive a PM as there is more but of a personal nature to say.
William x

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Just got in and R has put the meal in the Oven. It took me 1hour 10minutes to have: wash my hair (what's left of it), have a shave, have a Strip Wash and get changed = everything is 'double the time's.
Presented myself at my GP Surgery and was given an Emergency Appointment for 3pm at 1 of the other (6 in all) practise surgeries. Every god dam bump etc in the road had me in pain. So, saw a lady Doctor who is usually 1 of the 3 GP's at the Surgery I frequently use. I have got liquid Morphine 5 -10mls every 4 hours. Still continue with the Pregabalin and stop taking the Tramadol. And got appointment to see my own (male) GP on Thursday. Now some of you "special" forum members will receive a PM as there is more but of a personal nature to say.
William x
That sounds good William, I hope you have good luck with the Morphine!

D

debrasue

William x
Thank goodness! A sensible response from a GP at last! The liquid morphine will make a big difference to your pain levels, William (and it may well give you quite a nice little mood boost, too). Sending big hugs x

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
William x
Glad to hear you got some pain killer, hopefully now you will feel much better, hope things improve for you Liam, if anyone deserves some luck it's you, take care of yourself, thanks to R for looking after you. ((((( lots of big hugs)))). X

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Oh William, you poor man! Get the painkiller into you then cuddle down with a cuppa and a blanket. Take best care

Reactions: maureen5752

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
William I'm so pleased your gp gave you good useful assistance, in time of huge pain. I dont know how you did it. Im such a wuss now. I dont think I could have coped with your infliction. One brave friend you. ·♥♡♥

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
William x
Nice one William can I have your docs to look at me may be better if I move up to York (lol) or just get my care transferred up there

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Nice one William can I have your docs to look at me may be better if I move up to York (lol) or just get my care transferred up there
I'm happy with my gp care too @eldergarth . I've been referred for msk assessment. Seeing cardiologist about heart and high blood pressure being acute.
If your gp isn't interested please move to one who does care.
What response do you get from him when you tell him you're still in pain? Mind u the pain clinic was actioned by him, right? William has had to jump through hoops for yrs to get the right care. It seems its the norm.
I guess its our turn to hit brick walls til a solution for our individual care is met. I'm with you, all the way. I appreciate your needs outweigh mine thou. I can ride mine easier. I feel.