good food and bad food

sugarfree2

hi just been looking at recipes on this site and noticed that some people do not have rice and potatos in their diet also pasta can you tell how bad these are as i still eat these in meals and now think should i just found out bread is not a good idea but i do have wholemeal is this advisable

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
The foods you mention may not be good for everyone. I believe you are a T1 who obviously is on
Insulin. You have the ability to cover the carbs in these starchy foods and can no doubt get good Bg numbers. Do you know what your Bg readings 2 hrs after these foods are ?

As for me I can't as I can only eat to my meter. So if I try these foods and I get high Bg readings then I don't have them again. I wish. I would love a hunk of crusty bread, pasta, rice.....sadly, they are things of the past now.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
No fresh wholesome food is bad, but some of us have found that we prefer to leave out potatoes,rice, pasta etc., rather than take more medicine
Hana