ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Just realised it's pouring down here too @debrasue was going to the outdoor pool but now whimping out and will go indoors. Sorry to hear you had a rough night, the same myself - think I ate cheese too late and was awake a couple of times and gave up on sleep at 5am :arghh: But it's the weekend so have to make the most of it and be positive!

Just found Tapioca starch on Amazon so ordering that to make Toad in the Hole for Sunday supper. Will report back, need to get out the pennies and buy some Almond Flour, jezz that is pricey.

Enjoy your time with the terrorists! Sounds like a lot of fun :)
Aldi and lidl do almonds at approx. £1.79 per 200g which can be soaked, peeled, dried then grinded for less than £10 per kilo, in fact less than £9.00. I know holland & barrett are charging more.

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Aldi and lidl do almonds at approx. £1.79 per 200g which can be soaked, peeled, dried then grinded for less than £10 per kilo, in fact less than £9.00. I know holland & barrett are charging more.

Mmm, have you done this ... sounds like a lot of effort LOL. However H & B almond flour was £10 for 500g!! You need 60g in the toad in the hole recipe I'm trying tonight. Well if the Tapoica Starch arrives from Amazon today :) oh the joy of LCHF cooking.

Excited to try the new Toad recipe though :)

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Morning all, finally managed to get online - my tablet threw a wobbly and I haven't had access to the forum for the last couple of days

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
12/11 - Good Morning from a dull, miserable and dark'ish York. Hope you all all well today, hugs to those who are poorly.
Never got Photos yesterday of baby Florence Rose - she was sleeping and Mum & Dad had been up half the night with her. So, Richard & I only stayed an hour and then went on our travels for lunch.

Florence Rose is a beautiful name, classic and yet great for a little one too. A name for life!!

Enjoy you time with her (and don't forget mum too, she must be sore!!)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Mmm, have you done this sounds like a lot of effort LOL. However H & B almond flour was £10 for 500g!! You need 60g in the toad in the hole recipe I'm trying tonight. Well if the Tapoica Starch arrives from Amazon today :) oh the joy of LCHF cooking.

Excited to try the new Toad recipe though :)
Maybe I should become the new almond grinder?!?! Ha ha
I know an african friend who does it with black eyed peas for one of their dishes. Its yummy!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Morning all, finally managed to get online - my tablet threw a wobbly and I haven't had access to the forum for the last couple of days
Glad to see you back. Hope things are sorting themselves out. Are you looking forward to xmas?

Reactions: Liam1955

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
GOOD morning! I've been up since 4.30am with toddler and his cold. Olbas oil and calpol to the rescue.
Once I'm awake I cannot go back to sleep. I'm in for a hell of a day. :(
B has nodded off back in bed. So he'll be lively when I'll be failing. Thank god mr ickihun is available after good shopping and duties in town. His friend goes with him as he cannot go far without a chaperone after being attacked by 8 youths a few yrs back. What a pair me and him. I used to do a lot more but walking problem has short-tailed most of it.
I've had a rough few days from carb treats on holiday. Slept mostly. Hoping I'm back to my arduous self today.
Ps. Neighbour has gone quiet but he's so devious he could be causing more probkems for my family, behind my back. He hasnt the backbone to cause trouble in earnest. But I'm ready for HIM.

Reactions: mist
D

debrasue

GOOD morning! I've been up since 4.30am with toddler and his cold. Olbas oil and calpol to the rescue.
Once I'm awake I cannot go back to sleep. I'm in for a hell of a day. :(
B has nodded off back in bed. So he'll be lively when I'll be failing. Thank god mr ickihun is available after good shopping and duties in town. His friend goes with him as he cannot go far without a chaperone after being attacked by 8 youths a few yrs back. What a pair me and him. I used to do a lot more but walking problem has short-tailed most of it.
I've had a rough few days from carb treats on holiday. Slept mostly. Hoping I'm back to my arduous self today.
Ps. Neighbour has gone quiet but he's so devious he could be causing more probkems for my family, behind my back. He hasnt the backbone to cause trouble in earnest. But I'm ready for HIM.
Hope you had a good holiday Vicky! Hugs xx

Reactions: ickihun
M

mist

I've never been able to use the word "Ernest" in a sentence..:p

Last edited by a moderator:

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Glad to see you back. Hope things are sorting themselves out. Are you looking forward to xmas?
Thanks to you and @PenfoldAPD, things are still a bit nuts here (my oven and my washing machine have packed up at the same time!) but I'm enjoying getting organised for Christmas. I'm saving up as much as I can for A's big present and I already have a load of stocking fillers for the rest of the family :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Thank to you and @PenfoldAPD, things are still a bit nuts here (my oven and my washing machine have packed up at the same time!) but I'm enjoying getting organised for Christmas. I'm saving up as much as I can for A's big present and I already have a load of stocking fillers for the rest of the family :)
Appliances not broken due to float damage? make a claim if they are hun. Why should you be doing without when it wasnt your fault. X im wishing a beautiful washing machine on you and the oven you want too.
If i could win the lottery id be poor again in a week as id give most of it away. Ha ha
I'm getting excited for xmas too. Started xmas shopping when i was away. Half done.
Still running on high bgs due to mocha coffees and trifle. God its been a long time since i spoilt myself that way!
Its going to take me a week to put right.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
14/11 - Good Morning from a wet, damp York. Sun is trying it's best to break through. Hugs to those not feeling well :). And hope you all enjoy the day. We (R & I) meeting up at 12.30pm with Sister and her Hubby for Lunch today. :)
Enjoy your Holiday Anna and Hubby @13lizanne

Last edited: