1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Good News

Discussion in 'Success Stories and Testimonials' started by Fragilewend, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Fragilewend

Fragilewend Type 2 · Member

I am having tests for weight loss I was diagnosed type 2 in November. my blood glucose levels were 118 had a further blood test in February BG levels down to 61. Saw GP today Levels are now 47. GP said if this continues I can come off Metformin and manage with diet. I only really cut out sugary things still eat carbs but smaller portions.
    Back to weight loss I was 12st 4 now 9st 12 weight loss since November 2015. All blood results normal having test for ovarian cancer (eek)this is GP being thorough. She does feel weight loss is due to changes in my diet and the Metformin. Changed to slow release Metformin as really bad nausea and stomach pains. Feeling pleased with myself got diabetes under control so quickly.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
  2. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Well done!

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Juicyj

Juicyj Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Brilliant effort, well done !

Good to hear how you have done, good luck with the tests for ovarian cancer, sounds like you have a great GP looking after you which is a bonus so hope it's nothing to worry about ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ann_W

Ann_W Type 2 · Member

Well done! I hope all goes well wih the other tests.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Prem51

Prem51 Type 2 · Expert

Great reductions @Fragilwend, well done! :) I hope your tests this week go well too.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. muzza3

muzza3 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Congratulations on a great result. We all know how much work that takes

• Agree Agree x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook