aaronjunited

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Tomatoes
When I manage to keep my sugars down in the 4-8 bracket were they should be, I feel really weird. Light headiness and sickish, my senses are en-heightened as well.

Anyone know why this may be?

Thanks.

Tracey69

HI and Welcome,
This could be because your sugars may have run high for a while, you haven't mentioned what your readings where before, are type1 or type2

aaronjunited

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Tomatoes
Yea I have been finding it hard to keep them low, there always in the mid teens, I'm type 1, and the readings were around 17 before i brought them down.

Fallenstar

Agree with Tracey, sounds like your body has got used to functioning with levels up into the teens. So when you get down into normal levels your body reacts as if it is Hypoing, hence the feeling of being light headed ,sick, and heightened senses..all hypo symptoms.

Fallenstar

Yes, as you gradually reduce BG levels down ,and hopefully maintain them at a good level. Your body will readjust and will get used to running at within range level...so it won't feel weird anymore..and you will get hypo symptoms only when you are hypo...hopefully!
Good luck at reducing your BG from running in the teens most of the time...not good for you in the long term.So hope things improve :)

aaronjunited

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Tomatoes
Thanks, Yea I've been struggling with keeping them low, mainly due to not being able to keep that sweet tooth away.