Got Milk?

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes me too, double cream! I use a pod machine but had a costa white americano while out the other day, it was horrible compared to coffee with cream.

Costa will happily give you cream for your coffee in a nice little jug. I nearly always go there when I’m out just for that reason.

Reactions: Shas3

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Costa will happily give you cream for your coffee in a nice little jug. I nearly always go there when I’m out just for that reason.

Ashamed to say it was a nasty machine job.

Reactions: DJC3

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
WIFI, Mobile phones. Smart metres... in fact anything 'smart'
Double cream... What else is there?

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
I will drink coffee black or with cream. As long as I get my morning cup, then sanity will prevail.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don’t drink coffee. In tea I have full fat milk as I am not keen on tea with cream. And use sweetner for the tea.

I use a lot more “heavy” cream now (my wife being Americanised with her English uses that expression). Partly as I really like it so it goes in scrambled egg and home made ice cream and on top of Greek yoghurt. Partly as I have bucked my past stance on cream being fattening and partly because it ups my daily fat intake as necessary.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'll 4th or 5th the double cream ...
I'll have coffee and double cream instead of something to eat when out. I am ashamed to say that recently I paid for coffee and cream and when they served it they said that they could only serve cream with deserts but not with my coffee. I am afraid I had a 'hissy fit ' and stomped out of the coffee shop - minus my coffee.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
I'll have coffee and double cream instead of something to eat when out. I am ashamed to say that recently I paid for coffee and cream and when they served it they said that they could only serve cream with deserts but not with my coffee. I am afraid I had a 'hissy fit ' and stomped out of the coffee shop - minus my coffee.

How absurd is that? How hard is it to do something so simple?

Maybe they don't like the idea of repeat customers.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
How absurd is that? How hard is it to do something so simple?

Maybe they don't like the idea of repeat customers.
You are so right - as I stomped out of the coffee shop I vowed I would never set foot in there again. Costa coffee were more than happy to serve me an Americano and cream - so I did get my coffee and cream in the end.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You are so right - as I stomped out of the coffee shop I vowed I would never set foot in there again. Costa coffee were more than happy to serve me an Americano and cream - so I did get my coffee and cream in the end.
I asked in Costa Coffee about bullet proof coffee and they said they didn’t do it. They did acknowledge they were asked for it sometimes.

Reactions: Krystyna23040

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Coffee gives me a headache so I have my double cream (preferably Jersey ) with yoghurt and a few berries
Carol

Mmmmm.... real Jersey cream, wonderful stuff.

Reactions: jjraak

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just in case people haven't read back in this thread, may I mention double cream with coffee?
However, when out and about I tend not to have cream, I drink it black. Not all places give you real cream. I don't trust them.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Just in case people haven't read back in this thread, may I mention double cream with coffee?
However, when out and about I tend not to have cream, I drink it black. Not all places give you real cream. I don't trust them.

Same here, black always when out.... there are people out there who can't be trusted with cream. ;)

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I can't be trusted with cream ---I could eat the whole pot at 1go

Reactions: DJC3