Got Milk?

Rdan

Hi everyone. Hope you are having a relaxing day. I love my coffee and am looking for both milk and sweetener substitute that won’t raise my blood sugar. Any recommendations?

Thank you and have an amazing rest of the day!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And me. Love love love coffee with double cream.

Had to have coffee with milk yesterday as I was out and desperate for a caffeine fix, it was so disappointing, I didn’t even finish it bCouldn’t believe I used to enjoy it like that!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Double cream here too! Black coffee if no cream is available.
If you really just want a milk substitute there are some unsweetened almond or coconut ‘milks’ available which are carb free but read the labels as not all of them are.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Is the product or brand name?
Double cream or extra thick double cream is readily available at all supermarkets in the U.K., if you are elsewhere in the world it may be called a different name, such as heavy cream in the USA. Whatever it’s called make sure it’s not sweetened.

D

Deleted member 308541

I just like the bitter taste of black coffee, no sugar / sweeteners/ cream, but a pinch of salt occasionally.

Reactions: jjraak

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes me too, double cream! I use a pod machine but had a costa white americano while out the other day, it was horrible compared to coffee with cream.

Reactions: Shas3