Got my HBA1c from 87 to 32

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Had some good news this week HBA1c was 32. I managed to do this by dieting and no medication. I put all the excellent advice and information i have had here to good use and just want to say thank you to this great community for taking the time to help others out :)
I have managed to lose almost 4.5 stone (12.8 stone in boxers), waist to hight ratio is correct now (34 inch), BMI is 24.8 and dropping so i am ticking all the boxes
I should have tryed to get more information about cholestrol before the test. They told me it was non fasting so i had breakfast (4 eggs and some cheese) and a couple of cups of coffee before the test :). My HDL 1.4 and Trig 1.6 were good it seems but i explained to the doctor earlier about breakfast etc and she going to do a fasting blood test in 3 months and see if it has improved and told me just keep doing what your doing as it is working :)
I have only been at this 6 months and have to keep going and not fall off the wagon but no brain fog and the weight loss and the fact i dont mind eating like this should keeping me on the straight and narrow :)
My goal for the next 3 months is my cholestrol, i only eat twice a day and 2 chunks of 90% coco chocolate at night and my BS in the morning is between 4 and 4.5. My diet consists of 4 eggs with some cheese every morning then for supper (4-5 oclock) is a bit of Serloin steak (200mg) or some lamb chops (3) or 2 angus burgers with bacon and cheese on each one or 2 chops or 2 loin steaks. The steak, lamb chops and burgers are frozen but the best quality i can afford, the loin steaks are fresh from butcher. I have other things but they are my go to meals mostly and i drink coffee mainly every day. I think i eat about 100ish grams of fat and 100ish grams of protien a day (give or take) and i dont feel hungry.
The only thing that showed up for effecting cholestrol is coffee and cheese. I can cut back on both but any warm drink ideas that are healthier would be welcome. I am drinking 2 cups of hot water inbetween the coffee to try and reduce my intake and i put a few slices of cheese in my omlete (Cathedral Extra mature) for taste
As usual thanks for any help and advice moving forward, i hope eveyone manages to find what works for them and have a healthy 2022 :)
Really well done. I remember your first posts.

Reactions: jjraak

LINMARIE

I love reading these success stories they give me such inspiration You have done so well in such short time Keep up the good work

Reactions: jjraak